Chapter 9

The Adventures of a Passed Out Alchemist, an Anxious Girl, and a Large Tin Can of Amazingness

Your POV

[Resembool, Amestris, you and Ed are 12]

The air was so tight within your lungs. You couldn't breathe, and you began to feel extremely naseous. Edward was right in front of you, passed out on the ground. Alphonse was nowhere to be seen. You felt so alone in this situation, and you weren't even working with yourself at this point.

What do I do?! your mind practically screamed at your souls. I can't move.... I can't think... Ed, please. Just....just please wake up!

Normally, you'd be trying to say these words aloud. But your mouth was tight, your throat was thick, and each raindrop was hitting you with icy cold force. You weren't sure why, you just had an extremely irrational fear of being outside in the rain. It worried you to the core.

Suddenly, you just couldn't do it anymore. You burst into tears, and fall to the ground. The tears were practically acid against your cold face. The pain dug into your every nerve. Each cry racked over your body, and you slump against Edward's wet form.

"I-I need you, Ed," you whisper pathetically. "I really, r-really need you right now." You could hardly speak, for the thickness in your throat was overbearing. Ed stirs slightly, but your wish wasn't granted.

"[y/n]!" You heard the voice calling out to you, and you whip your head around in search for the owner. The voice was youthful, and childish. It was Alphonse.

Worry spiked your heart at the sound of his calls. If he was out in this sort of rain, his poor seal didn't stand a chance. Some relief washes over you as you see him struggling with an umbrella, seeming as if he was just fine.

"Al-Alph- I..." you babbled, unable to speak much more with real words. The vomit stung at your throat, so you found it impossible to speak. Alphonse understood plenty, however, when he saw his passed out brother.

"His automail." He spoke in hushed tones as he carefully lifted his brother from the sopping wet grass. "Hey, if I put him in my armor," Alphonse begins, glancing at you. "Will you climb in as well? To make sure he doesn't scratch my seal."

"Uh-uhm..." you began to blush, not because you'd be hiding away in Al's 'body,' but because you and Edward would be practically smooshed together.

Alphonse didn't wait for an answer. He set Ed inside of himself, and shooed you inside as well. You sigh quietly as darkness encased you, and you could feel each of Ed's warm breaths against your cheeks. It was strange to be hiding in a metallic shell. Even more strange, when yours and Ed's wet clothes were right up against each other.

The vibrations as Al walked on sent shaking waves within this armor. You could feel his every move, and hear him humming to himself shakily. He didn't seem to like being vulnerable to rain any more than you did. Edward began to stir beside you.

"Ed?" you whisper, voice hushed. A small moan escapes Ed's mouth, as if he were in a bunch of pain. You touch his hand instinctively, but only felt the cold rush of metal on your fingertips.

"Hey," he replies, voice rhaspy and breaking in a few places. His head was on your shoulder, and his body sent hot waves and vibes. He seemed to be burning up badly. You set your arms around him protectively, and he slumps against your chest. 

"How're you doing?" you ask anxiously, sounding soft and soothing. The sort of voice Trisha used to have, back in the old days. The days where you all were just a few innocent kids. Edward laughs weakly.

"I-I'm alive," he whispers. "...I think." You smile slightly. "Or maybe I'm in heaven, cause I'm with an angel." You blush heavily at both the pun, and the implication. Edward laughs again. "Just kidding. I think we both know I ain't going to heaven."

"Edward, are you drunk?" you wonder, a bemused expression taking over your features. Edward coughs, and you frown. You knew that he was most likely sick.

"I feel delirious," he grumbles, head slumping forward. You fuss over him, pulling his head back as he cuddles into you pathetically. You hug him close, and soon, slight snores took over the silence.

A small sigh escapes your mouth as Alphonse made it inside of the house and let you out of his armor. You had to pull Edward out, as well. Alphonse then carried his older brother up to his room, and you stand there. Unsure of what to do.

You then decide to go upstairs to take a shower. The water felt warm and comforting around you, a curtain of warmth. When you got out, you changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a black sweater. You were freezing cold.

When you sit down on your bed, a low grumbling sound resounds from your stomach. You look down, frowning, and not fully realizing just how hungry you really were. Sliding on a pair of purple slippers, you stride downstairs, engulfed in warmth.

You didn't even see Winry as you grabbed a snack. It's only when you shut the refrigerator door and turn around, that you see her. She was scowling at you, and you recoil. A bit startled, and extremely worried.

"You." 

"Me." You couldn't think of anything else to say, and felt extremely stupid for the idiotic smart-alec way you sounded. Winry scoffs, and rolls her bright blue eyes at you.

"Stop hitting on Ed," she glares, getting straight to the point. You stare at her, horrified by the accusation she just made. In spite of your own self, blush soon coated your cheeks in a light pink shade.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," you stammer, rubbing the back of your head awkward and sheepishly. Winry glowers even more at the sound of this.

"You do. And if you mess around after this warning, I will find many ways to get back at you. I mean it. You don't deserve Ed, and shouldn't even try. Got that?"

And with that, she walked off. You stood there, silently, wishing that you and Winry could be better friends. Maybe then, you wouldn't always end up having these conversations with her.