eleven: christmas

"Juliette, I'm not telling you what I got you for Christmas." He has an amused smile on his face. I probably sound like a five year old, but I don't care.

"Dylan, I hate surprises. Just give me a hint. Please?"

He makes a big deal out of scratching his chin. Even though I know Dylan isn't going to tell me, it doesn't hurt to ask. "If I give you a hint you'll know what it is."

"That's kind of the point, Dylan."

He ruffles my hair. "Which is why I'm not telling you."

"As much as I love you, sometimes I really just want to slap you."

"I know," he snorts.

-

Dylan wakes me up at eight on Christmas morning, which I am not happy about. Yeah, it's Christmas, but it's too early. Dylan ends up getting back in bed after he wakes me and cuddles with me until about ten. He seems antsy and excited. I wonder what he got me that he's so nervous about.

We take turns opening gifts. I end up getting Dylan a watch, a warm coat, some socks, and a big container of popcorn. I can tell he's happy with it. I receive new towels, a set of lotion and perfume, and diamond earrings. I love them all, and we thank each other and kiss.

Dylan helps me clean up the wrapping paper, and then we retire to the couch to watch Netflix.

"Juliette, there's one more thing I got you," Dylan says halfway through an episode of Supernatural.

I lean my head against his shoulder. "Really? I didn't see anything else under the tree. Did you forget to wrap it?"

"C'mere," he tells me, standing up and walking over to the tree. I follow him. Dylan turns around to face me, and to my surprise, gets down onto one knee. My brain doesn't have time to process it until he actually asks me.

"Juliette, will you marry me?" I feel my eyes well up with happy tears. I can see the hopeful, happy light in Dylan's eyes.

I wipe tears from my cheeks and stick out my hand. "Of course I'll marry you."

He slips the ring on my finger, and it fits perfectly. Dylan stands up and we hug for a long time. "I love you so much," I say.

"I love you too."

-

The next couple days are a blur of joy. I'm engaged to Dylan.

Everyone I tell is as happy about it as I am. Ana, Luke, Jayden, Mary, even my boss. They all congratulate me.

My ring is silver with an elegant diamond right in the center. The diamond is surrounded by three little diamonds on each side. I wear the ring so much that it feels like a part of my body. I even wear it when I sleep.

I still spend many days at the antique shop. Dylan is often filming from sunup to sundown. We see each other some, and the time spent together is precious. Days when both of us are off are rare, but we spend them well.

"Juliette," Dylan says on one of those particular afternoons, "Do you think we should do something?"

I shrug. "Did you have anything in mind?"

"I know what we could do," he replies in a seductive manner. He sits on the couch and pats the space next to him.

"I'm not drunk enough for this," I laugh, sitting down beside him.

"Trust me, you'll want to remember this in the morning," he replies, tilting my head up and kissing me softly.

"Oh, stop," I giggle, lightly punching his arm.

"I haven't even started." He reaches towards my belly and starts to tickle me.

"Don't even!" I half laugh and half yell. I swat at his hands, smiling like an idiot.

Dylan sits on my legs, pinning them down to the couch, as he continues to tickle me. I try to sit up, but he won't stop his relentless ticking. Dylan stops after a few more minutes to give me a break, and I take the opportunity to sit up and kiss him on the lips.

"Want to have some real fun?" I whisper into his ear.

"Yes please."

"Okay, you dork, get off of me and I'll go get it." Dylan carefully stands up. "I'll be back in twenty minutes." I grab my shoes, coat, and purse as I leave. Outside, I walk through the chilly air, knowing exactly where to go for what I need.

I need a pizza, which I buy just up the street. Then I go rent a bunch of action movies from the RedBox. I know Dylan prefers then over romantic movies.

Back home, I pull out the vodka and wine. We eat, drink and halfway pay attention to the movie. Dylan's hand slowly moves up my thigh, and mine tickles the back of his neck.

"Juliette, we're practically a married couple, and we only do this when we're both drunk," Dylan points out.

I grab his hand and raise it off my thigh. "Then no more drinking for me tonight." I play with his fingers, and he bites his lip, which is really hot. "You stay here, I'm going to put on my pajamas and get some water." I wink as I disappear into the bedroom.

My pajamas aren't skimpy at all. They're sweat pants and a t-shirt. I do change my bra to match with my underwear, though. Then I go into the kitchen and chug a bottle of water, hoping to get the vodka out of my system.

"Juliette?" Dylan ask as he peers around the door. "What're you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I ask, hiding a smile. I toss my water bottle in the trash.

"Cocaine?

I start to reply, but I just start giggling. "I love you," I end up saying. I sit on the counter as Dylan gets something out of the fridge.

"I love you too." Dylan comes back with some orange juice. "Want some?" He asks as he pours himself a glass. It almost seems like he's forgotten about what we were discussing earlier.

"You don't," I reply.

Dylan faces me. "Hmm?"

I reach for his hands and pull him towards me, kissing him passionately on the lips. "I know you'd rather have me."

A/N
Hey guys, this is just a heads up that there will only be one more chapter plus the epilogue. Thanks :)