I'm Chloe

My ribs are healed, I just have a few bruises here and there. But no physical pain can compare to how much the new hole in my heart hurts. It's not even a hole, its a crater. I sigh and keep packing.

"Excuse me, are you Conner Cullin?" I turn around to see a lady with long brown hair and big blue eyes. She's a about five inches shorter then me, I didn't even hear her come in.

"Yes I'm Conner Cullin. Can I help you?" I ask quickly, I just want to go home.

"I'm Chloe, I'm a nurse here." I raise my right eyebrow.

"So? What do you want? My doctor said I can go. His name is Dr. Johnson if you want to check." I finish putting my things in my bag.

"No that's not why I'm here. Your wife asked me to write this letter for you and to give it to you when you leave the hospital" she hands my a folded piece of paper. I look down at the paper and quickly but carefully put it in the front pocket of my bag. And mumble a thanks.

"If you need any help just call me. It can be anything, get you some food, babysit, if you just need to talk to someone just call me. I put my number on the bottom of the letter." I look at her and she's biting her lip like she's nervous or something.

"I won't need help, but thanks anyways." I grab my bag and go home.