Nightmare

~~~~~~~

We're driving down a long dark road. The only thing I can see is large clumps of snowflakes blowing everywhere.

"Just for once you could have gotten along with my friends!." Ali screams at me from the passenger seat.

"Sorry I couldn't agree with them about how awful I am!" I sigh and run my hand threw my hair. They whole damn Christmas party Ali's friends kept talking about how I lost my job and how Ali would have been better off marrying her ex.

"They weren't saying your awful! They felt bad cause you lost your job!" I look over at her and see the tears in her eyes. She's about to say something but I interrupt her.

"Ali just shut the fuck up!"

Bang!

~~~~~~~

I wake up all sweaty and get up. I've been having this nightmare since I woke up in the hospital. I put a pair of my shorts on and go to the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water and chug half of it.

"Daddy are you ok?" I hear a soft voice behind me. I turn around to see a very sleepy blonde haired boy.

"I'm fine buddy, what are you doing up?"

"I heard you yell. I wanted to make sure nothing happened to you." He lazily rubs his eyes. I must have yelled when I was sleeping.

"Nothing is gonna happen to me. I'm fine." I say as I pick him up and take him back to his room and put him on his bed. I pull his dinosaur blanket over him and kiss his head. I watch him sleep for a little while then go back to my room. I sit on my bed thinking about the car accident for the rest of the night.