Chapter Eight

I set the last painting in the box and put the wax paper over it and close the box. I tape it shut and label Paintings on the side, then watch as Dad takes it downstairs. I look around at the now empty room. At the walls I've painted music notes on. Then at the door I painted to look like a piano, just like the one at home. I close the door behind me and walk down the circular stairs that make me dizzy. I go onto the front porch and see Kayden and Dad loading the boxes into the Charger. Moms on the porch with Jayden.
"Hey, Anna." Jayden smiles at me. I glance at him and smile slightly. I jog down the steps and put my hands in my jacket pockets. Kayden finishes up and faces me as Dad meets them on the porch.
"Im gonna miss you," he says as he wraps his arms around me. I close my eyes and cling to his jacket. Damn I love his leather jacket.
"I'm gonna miss you, too." I say. He looks down at me and presses his forehead on mine.
"Then don't go.." he mumbles.
"I have to," I say, leaning up. He kisses my lips, and holds my hands.
"Anna," He whispers. "I don't want you to leave."
"Anna!" Jayden yells. "Come here for a second!" Kayden takes my hand as I lead him up onto the porch.
"Who's this?" Jayden asks.
"Jay-" mom starts.
"Kayden." He says and holds his hand out. Jay shakes his hand.
"I'm Jay." He says. "So you and Anna..."
"She's my girlfriend." Kayden says.
"I'm ready," I say over Jay as he begins to speak.
Mom and Jay go to their car, and I say by goodbyes to dad and Jessica. Kayden walks me to my car and stops me from getting in. He presses me against the car and kisses me. He wraps his jacket around me and kisses my forehead.
"Keep my jacket." He says. "Its a promise that I'll come visit you." I toy with my ring and nod slightly.
"Hey, Anna?" He calls as I pull out. "I love you."
"I love you too," I say, and my heart aches.

"I'm not starting college here," I announce at the dinner table. Jay's and mom's eyes fly up to me. Jackie picks at his Macaroni.
"Jack, go watch tv," Jay says.
"Can I take my food?" Jackie asks. Jay nods, and Jackie runs in the lounge.
"What the hell did you just say?" Jay asks. "No you did not just say that!"
"I don't want to start college here because I'm not ready!" I presist. "Trust me."
"Go to your fucking room." He growls. I silently walk out of the kitchen and up to my bedroom.
"So what are you going to do?" Teddy asks.
I let out a sigh and click the next apartment option, then glance out the window. "I don't know, honestly. Did you find any good apartments for rent?"
"None," she says with a sigh.
"I already miss him..." I mumble and look at the leather jacket on my pillow. "His jacket still smells like him."
"Ill text you a link if I find anything," Teddy promises. "See you," I nod and hang up, then set my phone down and look out the window as rain hits it.
This is not my day, that's for sure.