15. THE WOLF SHIFTERS [ALEX]

—The sons of Theon were blessed with a love so true it would transcend all of time, tethering the souls of a Great Wolf and his first love

[ALEX]

WHEN HE DROPPED me off at home that evening, Emette made sure to give me a tight hug that made my feet leave the ground and I grinned.

"What's that for?"

"Being the best friend a guy could ask for."

"Erlack!" I faked a gag, turning my head away "That's so-" Another one, "Cute!"

Emette shook his head in disbelief, "You keep saying you're not emo anymore, but you're still allergic to affection."

"You know who else I think is still emo?" I asked with a smirk.

Emette didn't miss a beat, "Miss Kelly?"

"I was gonna say Jerkwad, but you're right about Miss Kelly. With all that eyeliner she looks like if Pete Wentz and Gerard Way had a baby."

After sharing a laugh, Emette finally left and I went inside with a pep in my step. Every evening when I got home, the first thing I would usually do was look for Candy. Not the type you eat, but the cute little wolf pup I could not see myself living without.

Today she was in the living room with Althea, coloring.

I dropped my bookbag and gave her a surprise hug. She giggled as I picked her up and placed a huge slobbery kiss on my cheek.

"Awex!"

Althea rolled her eyes and I ignored her, burying my face in the crook of Candy's neck. She smelled like cookies and baby powder.

Ah, heaven.

The front door slammed shut and I turned to see Tristan heading straight for the stairs, anger radiating off him in waves, and I frowned, watching as he went.

He always gives Candy a hug when he gets home but he's been angrier than normal lately.

"Big bwother's sad," Candy whispered and I nodded.

"Yeah he looks pretty constipated."

"Contipladed?"

"Almost got it," I laughed, patting her head.

I placed her back on her feet as Althea flounced from the room, heading up the stairs after him. She made sure to flip her blonde hair, looking back at me with a scornful expression, before she was lost from view.

Okay? No one wants your man girl.

"Where's Mommy?" I asked Candice and she looked thoughtful for a while.

"I fink Luna and Afa went to talk wif the other wolfies."

Well then.

"Alright," I took her hand and got her stuff for coloring before we collected my bookbag and headed to my room.