28. 🍑THE KISS THAT NEVER HAPPENED [ALEX]

—As time flowed like the river of eternity, the children of Theon watched over mankind, their existence shrouded in mystery, relegated to legends and myths

[ALEX]

"THAT'S SO SAD," Trixie sniffled, wiping her teary eyes and I looked over at Tristan who had the same deadpan expression I did.

We'd just finished explaining why Tristan's rogue brother was with us and she'd gotten super emotional.

In my head, I felt like even though I was tenth-wheeling, Drake was the real outsider here.

"It's okay, I'm sure Alpha Jackson will help you work things out," Sam said with a kind smile and Drake smiled back.

"Thanks. I hope so too and I'm grateful that you all welcomed me so warmly."

Yes, almost ripping your head off was a warm welcome indeed.

"Well, now that that's cleared up," Chase said loudly getting to his feet and heading over to the stereo, "Let's actually start having fun, yeah?"

I couldn't agree more. I hadn't been able to annoy Jerkwad in a while and I was starting to get the familiar itch again.

Stretching out in the couch, I kicked my feet up onto Tristan's lap as I pushed down my floral knee-length skirt where it had ridden up just a bit. I'd worn it to make a good impression but I forgot how limited skirts were.

For instance, I couldn't sit with my legs spread as wide apart as they could go to force Tristan to have less space on the couch like I usually would.

"Ew," The grimacing Jerkwad said, pushing my feet off, "Get these hermit crab looking toes away from me."

"I have nice toes you dickhead," I said as I flipped him off.

"Eh, I'm not into feet," He smirked, "I'm more into-"

I didn't get to hear the rest as Sam pulled Trixie and me up from where we were sitting while the music started playing from the surround sound speakers. I watched, open-mouthed, as the two girls started dancing, rubbing on each other seductively.

"Come on, Alex," They were both reaching for me like some kind of perverse succubi and I laughed nervously, sweat forming on my brow.

"As much as I'd love to, I can't dance."

Chase started pouring shots and handing them out. I passed since I wasn't too keen on having a repeat of the 'mother of all hangovers' I had a few days ago, even though it was just regular alcohol this time.

Tristan grabbed two shots, downing them both and I raised an eyebrow as I plopped down next to him again.

"No, go back," Tristan said, shooing me over to the girls who were definitely putting on a show now. They were practically wedged together, their hands roaming over each other's bodies.