3~Dealer at the Chatroom

*Halsey's POV*

They wouldn't stop spying on me, but not like a good guardian does. They wanted to find every excuse to "punish" me. The only reason why they weren't in jail yet was because my brothers and I didn't have a place of our own. I definitely wasn't going to let them know I was looking for a job, because then my paycheck would go to possibly the world's biggest alcohol fund.

*ring*
Ignore.

"Hey, Brian." Brian Macdonald would have to be the nicest badass in the whole universe. He has the kind of atmosphere that could hug you until you suffocated.

"Yo. What are you in for today, smokes or merch?" See? He gives me stuff. Too nice.

"Actually, I just need someone to talk to." He looked up from his phone and gave me an odd look.

"Look, Ash-"

"Don't call me that."

"Sorry. I was going to say, this is a fucking gas station, not a chat room. Find someone else." Now he's an unsympathetic jerk. Badass.

"You know I don't have anyone else."

*ring*

"I'm getting tired of their shit." I picked it up. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Whoa, you called first, I'm just answering back... This a bad time?"

Shit.

"No! Sorry, I thought it was someone else. Hey." Brian raised an eyebrow at me.

"Hey. Watcha doing?"

"Uhhh..."

Brian decided to stick his ass into this. "Put it on speaker." I did.

"Oh, so you're not a complete loner?" She said sarcastically and chuckled.

"Nah, she is. I'm just the dealer." Did I mention that this guy was a jerk?

"No wonder you're so clumsy, stomach stepper. Didn't anyone ever tell you not to do drugs?" I groaned as the dark(ish) skinned cashier broke out laughing.

"Hold on, stomach stepper? You have to tell me how that happened."

"Yeah, she was high as fuck singing Panic! At The Disco and next thing you know, my guts are crushed. You must be giving her a shit ton of whatever she's on... Brian."

"Wait. Lynn?"

"The one and only."

"Finally I know what her name is, but how do you know her?" My only friend had already met Lynn.

Lynn. What a calm name for such an intimidating person.

"Elementary school. I haven't seen you in forever, how are you?" I could tell that I wasn't going to be a part of this conversation anytime soon, so I took the opportunity and picked out my supplies for the next however many days. Dante always asked me for root beer but I never let him have it; can't have him following in their footsteps.

Monster. Big Red. Chips. More chips. Donuts. Mac and cheese.

I get back to the counter with a pile of junk food in my arms, Lynn and Brian having an in depth conversation about the time one of them spit chocolate milk out of their nose. After about two minutes of holding the food, waiting for their talk to be over, I plopped it by the register. The short cashier turned back to me.

"What happened to 'just wanting someone to talk to'?"

"What happened to this being a 'gas station, not a chat room'?"

"I give you this shit out of my paycheck, not wanting anything in return, not even a "thank you". Don't say I'm not a good friend." I sighed.

"Thank you, Brian, now can I have my phone back?" He slid it to me and Lynn continued to talk again, this time to me.

"Hey, umm... You think we can meet somewhere? I mean, if you promise not to flatten me again." She nervously chuckled. Brian's eyes widened.

'What?' I mouthed. He tried to whisper something back, but I couldn't understand it.

"As friends, of course..." Lynn noticed the small period of silence.

"Oh, uhhh, yeah, sure, where?"

"Mall, Tuesday at 3:30."

"Perfect, I have a job interview right before then. See you there."

"'Kay, bye." I ended the call. Brian had his head on his clenched palm, giving a judgmental look.

"What's your deal with me and Lynn?"

"Oh, nothing. You'll figure it out."