2~Alex and His Fucking Anime

*Lynn's POV*

"Babitchski!" Silence. Must have been with his girlfriend again.

Oh well, more Netflix for me.

Unfortunately, my lovely roommate left the television playing Pokèmon and I couldn't find the remote, so I muted the odd magical creatures that reside in balls and grabbed my guitar. Usually strumming my favorite instrument calms me and all the thoughts leave my mind, but this time my thoughts revolved around that girl. Impossible to get rid of. I was certain that if I didn't see her again, I would go insane before long. 45 minutes later,

"Hey I'm here." I didn't really pay attention to him until he stuck a box through the doorway, only his arm visible. "With pizza." My taste buds pulled me off of the sofa to grab it.

"Little Caesar's? You fucker."

"Watch it, I let you live here on 30%. And because of that, we have to get cheap pizza."

"Dude, you know that's our thing, insulting each other. Love is love, and pizza is pizza. 2 of the most beautiful things in the world."

Alex scoffed, "Someone's a little too happy today. I'm not even going to ask." He turned to walk away to his room.

"Hey," I said, and waited until he turned back. "Thanks. For the pizza." Alex smiled. "Love you." He laughed.

"Love you too, Lynn." The remote appeared as my roommate pulled it from his back pocket and plopped on the couch beside me.

"I take it back you dick!" I threw a plastic cup at him and he deflected it with his hand. He then resumed to turn on Ouran High School Host Club and no matter how I tried to make him change it, I failed.

Him and his fucking anime.

*Halsey's POV*

The rest of our night consisted of food, for me, a writing session, more screaming, and a group sleep with my siblings in Dante's room because he broke down crying. I woke up in his bed, tears staining my shirt from where his head was laying. I sniffed the air. Sevian was cooking breakfast. I picked up Dante and carried him to the kitchen, careful not to wake him. A body was occupying the sofa and would have severely punished us if we merely touched his recliner, so I placed my brother on the less than white carpet with a blanket covering him.

"Sev," I whispered, "keep an eye on him and save me some food, I'm going out." He gave me an ok and I slipped out silently. Reluctantly, I decided to call the girl from the park.

*ring*
One.
*ring*
Two.
*ring*
Three.
*ri-*
Cut off.
"Hello, this is-"
Voicemail.

I hang up and continue down the street. Today I decided to finally apply for a job. Sooner or later they'd tell me to pull my own weight or kick me out, and if that happened not only would I be homeless, but my brothers would be unprotected. Yeah, Sevian was a senior, but I still felt like he couldn't handle the responsibility of watching over our youngest brother. That, or I didn't want him to.

Taco Bell? Walmart? No.... The mall. Perfect.

It was 10 miles away, but luckily, even though I was a broke ass, pink haired mess, I had just enough money to get a bus ride there: 0 dollars and 0 cents. On the last day of high school, my English teacher gave all of the graduates lifetime bus passes, so if we were ever in a situation involving having no money, at least we would have a ride.

"Hey pinky, seat's taken." An elderly woman held her purse up just enough for me to see the chihuahua inside.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I hastily moved to the back of the bus before the rat could sink it's teeth into me. On the bright side, the dog looked friendly.

The mall was the social hub of middle and high school, but trying to get a job there wasn't nearly as fun. First, the burger place. I saw what "meat" went into the food, and I was out. Next, Subway. Some people ordered too fast for me to keep up. Victoria's Secret? Fuck no, too many preppy girls and gossip. Starbucks? Maybe, if I could remember which size was which. Why can't they just say large, medium, and small? I finally saw the obvious choice: Hot Topic.

(A/N: sorry if this seems super cliché, I try not to be.)

Why the hell didn't I think of that sooner?

"Hey, are you guys hiring?" A girl with purple and black hair turns and looks at me from a rack of Batman merch.

"Yeah I think so, maybe. I'll check." She walks over to a guy at the back of the store and eventually they both come back.

"We'll set you up for an interview Tuesday, but from the looks of your outfit, you should already have the job." Band merch and ripped jeans never fail. The guy's voice was... Pretty attractive, just like the rest of him. Blonde hair and brown eyes, likes Pierce The Veil (obviously from the shirt), nice smile, perfect. But everyone knows not to date a coworker, and how could he be single?

"Thanks."

"You want to buy anything while you're here?"

"No, sorry, I'm broke." A little sob story never hurt anyone, as long as it's true. And with that, I walked out.