I will wait for you

[I advise you to listen to the song I will wait by Mumford and Sons whilst reading this one shot]

I will wait for you - Larry Stylinson

“Harry Edward Styles, you have been condemned to two years of imprisonment for possession and use of drugs. Case closed”, the judge said. Harry felt his eyes stinging with tears. He had never touched any of those drugs. It were his so-called friends that did drugs, not him. He had had no problem with it, as long as he didn’t get involved.

But one day, two months ago to be exact, cops had been on surveillance duty and had come across Harry and his friends. And suddenly, the drugs were Harry’s and Harry’s only. He was arrested while screaming for his friends to do something, to tell the cops the drugs weren’t his but theirs. But it was five against one and he didn’t stand a chance.

Now he had two years of imprisonment for something he hadn’t done. Anne, his Mum, had been angry of course. But she had believed him when he had told her it wasn’t his fault and the drugs weren’t his.

Harry felt his arms being grabbed by two policemen and he was escorted to a van. He didn’t understand why he had to be dragged to the van; he could walk, for God’s sake! He wasn’t deluded.

He wasn’t even guilty...

The van drove off and Harry was locked in the back. With a sigh, he slumped down on the iron bench, to the side of the vehicle and he leaned his head against the door. He groaned loudly and banged his head against the door. He couldn't believe his friends had done this to him. If he could even call them friends. Probably not.

He would have to spend two years in prison. Two years, just down the drain. And on top of that, everyone now thought he was a druggie or a criminal.

Harry looked up, wanting to see which prison he was going to, but he forgot there was no window in the back of the van. He could do nothing but wonder. Would it be bad in prison? Would all the horrific stories he had heard be true? He couldn't help but ask himself these questions. He wasn't the tough guy kind of person! He was a good boy. He always cleaned his room and was nice to everyone. How was he ever going to survive in prison?

The van stopped and the doors in the back opened. Two armed guards escorted Harry out of the van and into the big building. Two other men searched him and he had to take off his clothes and watch. He was given a pair of boxers and an ugly green overall.

"Put this on", one of the men said grumpily. Harry did as they said and he wondered if he would ever get his phone, wallet and watch back. Probably not.

He was escorted to a cell and the door was locked. Great. Totally awesome. He felt like a rat in a cage.

"So, you're the new one", a voice said.

"Are you talking to me?" Harry asked shyly.

"Yes. What's your name?" The voice sounded like it was coming from Harry's right. The boy seemed nice enough.

"Harry", he answered. 

"Well, I'd shake your hand if I could but that's not really possible right now. I'm Louis. Why are you here?" Louis....He sounded nice and friendly.

"My friends were doing drugs. Got caught, blamed me. You?"

"So you're innocent, huh?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. My family is really poor and I couldn't find a job. No one would hire me. My little sisters were starving, so I tried robbing a bank. Police got me before I could even touch a single pound", Louis said.