Advice

Taylor and Andrea were walking the crowded streets of Nashville in search of a coffee shop. As they walked past the Bluebird Cafe, they both smiled to themselves, thinking about how much had changed in the past six years. After walking for ten minutes or so they found a cute cafe which was stood on its own in a small street. 

"Perfect," Taylor said happily "hopefully we wont get any paps turning up here."

"I hope so." Agreed Andrea.

They chose the table right at the back, partly so that they were inconspicuous but mainly because Taylor had noticed that it was table 13. They browsed the menu in silence for a minute or so when Taylor announced that she would be getting a regular latte. 

"Okay, great." replied Taylors mum, getting up out of her seat, about to make her way to the till.

"Mom, it's okay, I'll get them."

"No, Taylor. I will. Thank you though." She replied sternly. Although Taylor was a multi-millionaire, her mother had never asked her for anything and never expected any thing more than what she would have gotten if Taylor wasn't in the industry that she was.

Taylor just smirked in reply, she already knew that her mom wasnt going to let her pay, not that she minded. It was nice for someone to not expect her to pay for once. 

After a short wait, their drinks arrived with a polite, "There you are." and a look that told Taylor that the women knew who she was, but didn't want to disturb them.

"Thank you." smiled Taylor, thanking the women both for their beverages but also for not making a scene about the fact that Taylor Swift was in her shop. The women nodded politely and walked away.

"Well, she handled that better than most." said Andrea,

"Yeah, I was quite surprised actually." Taylor said, with a sigh of relief.

"So, how're you doing Taylor?"

Taylor knew that her mom didnt mean her health, or how she's feeling in general. She meant Ed. 

"Okay I suppose." She thought about that morning, how he had to leave her, but left behind a note and amazing breakfast. She explained what had happened to her mom and waited for a response. 

"Taylor," she said in the generic mom way "he likes you."

"No he doesnt. I mean, he's friends with Harry, and I'm not even going to get into the fact that he probably thinks that I'm a nightmare with men. That's what the tabloids think anyway."

"The tabloids don't know you, darling. Whereas Ed does. Give it time, you know that he's abit awkward like that. If you do you will only become closer to him."

"I know, I know. I'll just have to be patient and hope that he feels the same way."

Andrea had to leave for work, so they both vacated the cafe, kissed goodbye outside and left in different directions. Taylor down the street to the car that was waiting for her to take her to rehersals and Andrea  towards her own car. As Andrea drove to work she thought about Taylor. She had never seen her get so upset about a boy before. She hoped that it ended well for both Taylor and Ed, and that neither of them would get hurt. She didn't know how many more times she could see her baby get hurt,