part 13

Shadow smiled as he whipped the tears from his face, Sonic's words ringing in his ears like church bells, his broken heart piercing his chest like knives. He slipped to the floor, the lump in his throat choking him, his sobs muffled and out of reach.

"Come Spring....I'll take you home..."

He's ears burned at the cruel echo of those words.

"I'll take you home...I'll take you home...home..."

The words came from his own lips yet they sounded alien. Their meanings like a horrid beast come to devour him piece by piece. Bringing pain, and suffering.

Sonic locked away within himself, to terrified to face the world. All memory gone. He remembers being in Shadow's room, then wakes up in the bath. Terrifying thoughts invade his consciousness.

"What happened? Why don't I remember anything? No, no I don't want to know."

Sonic curled himself into the far corner of the bedroom, flinching when he heard the door creak open, it's heavy frame deceiving the devastating atmosphere. Sonic clinched his teeth when Shadow slummed over him. Something's wrong here. Sonic could feel something warm dripping on his shoulder. Warm drips on his face. Warm drips down his back. Warm drips.

Hesitantly Sonic looks up, all fear dying at that moment. Tears? Sonic blushes slightly at the desperate look that's been painted on Shadow's once stern, scary, demanding features. Crying as if he's a child. The face of a broken heart.

"Sonic..."

Pain resonated within Sonic's heart, a familiar pain, one he now shares with Shadow.

"I..."

Say it...please...please say it

"I lo.."

why do I want to hear this? Why these three words? Why from you? Do I feel the same?

"...I'm taking you home in the spring...."

Another broken heart.