Frypan

(Y/N)'s POV:

Jorge approaches a ramshackle building. Deafening music pounds out of the broken windows, giving you an instant headache.

Jorge walks up to the door and hammers on it. It's hopeless over the music; nobody answers. He gives it a light kick with his foot and it swings open with force.

You all enter, Jorge raises his gun. Everyone shouts and screams and bullets fly. You see Minho lying on the floor; you and Newt run over to him. He seems okay, but is drifting in and out of conciousness. Newt keeps talking, trying to keep Minho's attention.

You stand up and see people falling to the ground. Brenda is standing with her gun, firing bullets.

Thomas comes over to you and helps Newt lift up Minho. Jorge motions to a staircase and you run over. You sprint up, followed by the boys.

Brenda covers your back and you reach the top. Compared to the mess of downstairs, this place is tranquil.
They put Minho down on a mattress and his eyes close. Brenda stands beside you and presses a gun into your hand.

"We need to cover Jorge. Come on."

You go back down the stairs, letting bullets soar.

Jorge reaches the stairs and you stop firing. Brenda lets a few more bullets fly and Jorge runs up the stairs, dragging a lifeless body behind him.
Brenda follows Jorge and you follow her. When you reach the top, you see the boys leaning over Minho. You join them and suddenly realise that it's only Thomas and Newt.

"Frypan." You say the word over and over. "Where's Frypan?"

You race down the staircase, still clutching the gun. You cannot see Frypan and a feeling of sickness claws at your stomach.

You walk through the mass of bodies and shudder. How many did you shoot?

You look at the faces of the dead, feeling more anxious by the second. A groan of pain can be heard from behind and you snap around. The sight you're met with sends you into a paraletic state.

Frypan is on the floor, extremely still. His eyes are glassy and pleading. Blood pours from two wounds: one in his shoulder and one in his stomach.
You let out a deafening shriek that gets louder with each second. Thomas runs down the stairs looking afraid. He sprints over to you, almost tripping over all the bodies.

He holds you close and strokes your hair, trying to calm you down. You stop screaming and let silent tears fall down your face.

"What's wrong?" He whispers.

You raise your arm and shakily point at Frypan, squeezing your eyes shut so you don't have to see him again.

"Oh shuck." Thomas says. "Newt! Newt, get down here!"

Newt appears at the bottom of the staircase within seconds. He spies Frypan and puts his head in his hands. You see him sobbing and want to hug him, never letting go.

Thomas releases you and makes his way over to Frypan's body. He closes Frypan's eyelids with his finger tips and you see his body shake as he stands up. He walks over to the staircase and stomps up without looking back.

You stay frozen to the spot, unsure of what to do. You turn away so you don't have to look at Frypan.

You make your way over to Newt and embrace him, wrapping your hands around his neck. He sobs, not even trying to mask his pain.

That's the main difference between him and Thomas.

Newt dosen't pretend he has no emotion.