Under the tree

I was sitting under the tree. Am I suppose to leave this? I mean this town, this life... I know I did big mistake, when I killed Kol, but Stefan is right. There must be something. Kol is dead but simultaneously he's alive. I can't kill him, again. But there must be another solution. I can't run from him for a 5oo years. It doesn't make a sense. But what does?

My thinking discontinued something behind me. Some sound. I turned and there was Kol. Good. I looked at him frowning. 

"Seriously? You don't have to do something better?" I asked. Kol smiled and looked to my eyes. I haven't seen him like that. His face. His smile and look were honest. 

"Maybe I can do something better, but I like this. Scaring you." and that was Kol I know. I rolled eyes. I wished to he get out. But not enough. 

"Oh common Elena. Don't roll your eyes. I hate it." I smirked. 

"Unfortunately you have to accustom." he came closer to me and gave me a hand. I looked at his hand, then at him, into his eyes. I gave my hand to his and stood up.  

"Thanks." I said and looked down. Why did he give me his hand? Is that any game or what? He's playing with me?

"You're welcome." I stayed surprised. I didn't understand. Anything. What is he doing? 

"Why? Why are you doing this?" I had to say him this. Even I knew the answer would be more ugly like I'd expect. 

"Why not? Elena I'm not like you. Maybe you killed me, but I won't be distasteful to you. Actually I liked you until you killled me. But I get it. I know you don't like me and you never will, but I'm not like you. Even that fact, you'll be running from me, won't persuade you. But I'm not like you . You don't know me. Trust me." Why should I believe this? How I can know that you are not playing with me? I would like to trust you. And what are you? You've never done something what could persuade me. 

"You're right. I don't know you." I smirked. It was all I could say or do. But you've never been so honest to anyone I think. Why are you so nice and honest? I couldn't stop ask me myself about him.  

"I hope once you'll know me." he said. "Now go home to say goodbye. Tomorrow is day D." and there was again that Kol we all know. I shaked head because just for a while I let myself think that Kol is not so bad person like everybody think. But I was wrong. 

"Yeah..." I looked down. He raised my chin gently. What the hell...??? I looked into his eyes. 

"I know you want to stay here." 

"So why I can't?" I ask, "You know how much I love Jer. So why?" I closed my eyes. I wanted stop my tears. 

"It's dangerous."  

"Since when you care about my safety?" I opened my eyes, but he was gone.

I told everything to them. To Damon and Stefan. 

"Look like Kol falls in love." Damon said sarcastically like he ever does. I looked at him with face like ,,Seriously?". Then I looked at Stefan. 

"No, Elena. What if is Damon right? What if Kol fall in love with you?" Stefan give me a serious face. 

"Are you two kidding me? Because... Do you listen yourself? Kol fall in love with me?" Damon stood up from sofa and took bourbon. He drunk from bottle. 

"He's person too. He can do it." Damon said and put down bottle of bourbon. 

"Of course he can. But it doesn't make a sense. He can't fall in love with person, who killed him." Damon came closer to me and said: 

"Of courese he can. Maybe he likes girl with killing instinct." 

"Damon stop! This is serious!" Stefan was staring at us. Typical Stafan. Stood there and said nothing. 

"If you will continue with that sarcasm I will kill you right here. So stop kidding me and be serious." I said to Damon.  

"As you wish, dear."  

"I rather go. I will try find out something from Rebecka." said Stefan and disappeared. 

I sat on the sofa. Damon keep standing and I looked at him. 

"Damon what's wrong?" I asked. 

"What's wrong? I don't know Elena. I just can't handle you're gonna being gone. Because... yeah I'm selfish. I can't imagine you'll be gone. I don't want to imagine I'll forever alone. Without you. I don't handle that feel Kol loves you. Maybe that's wrong."