Rescue

I was lying in a bed with Damon. No, we didn't sleep together. We were just relaxing.

"Where is Jeremy? I have to say him goodbye." I asked Damon. He looked at me and then looked at ceiling.

"I don't know Elena." he lied. I knew he lied to me.

"Don't lie to me. Please." I looked at him and he looked at me. He was looking to my eyes. For a while. Then he again looked at ceiling.

"He's gone to Kol." I stopped breath. I looked at Damon. I didn't know what to do first: kill him or go save Jer.

"You sent him to suicide or what? Are you kidding me Damon? Hm? If it's joke it's not funny."

"Chill Elena. If Kol really loves you, he won't hurt him. He knows how much you love little Gilbert so..." I opened my mouth to said something, but I couldn't find any words. I shaked head and then I started:

"But there is word if. If Kol loves me, then he won't kill him. Fine. It's better version even it's impossible that Kol loves me. But if Kol doesn't love me and everything what he said was just game... I will kill you Damon if something happen to Jeremy." I stood up from bed and started walking around the bed. Damon stood up and stopped me. He looked into my eyes.

"Elena... Sorry for that but, Jeremy is dead. He can't hurt him or kill him, okey? Jeremy will be fine." I closed my eyes and I felt like tears were falling down from my eyes.

"I'm done. I will running from Kol. I don't care. I can't handle that everybody wants again save my life. That's my problem not your." I turned to the door and vampire speed went to Mikaelson house.

I stood between doors. I was looking at Jeremy and Kol. Jeremy was sitting on the chair. Tied to the chair. I looked at Kol very hopeless.

"Kol. Please let him go." I told and Jeremy turned to me. Kol looked at me. He looked like he doesn't know what to do.

"Kol, please. " I said again. I had tear in eye. Kol looked at Jeremy.

"Gilbert, you're free. You can go." I frowned. Kol let Jeremy and I couldn't help. I hugged Jer. I'd won't survive if something happen to him. Even can't. I looked at Kol.

"Thanks." I said and he nodded. I looked at Jeremy. He was fine. I let him to went out from house. I stayed there for a while. When Jeremy left house I came closer to Kol.

"What did Jeremy want from you?" I asked.

"He wanted me to let you go. And then he wanted run instead of you." I sighed and laughed. But it wasn't typical laugh. It was just... You know what I mean.

"Damon's idea. Anyway I have to go. Say goodbye to people I love so...Bye." I smirked and get out from house where was waiting for me Jer.

I looked at him with not bad face.

"So you want running from Kol? Really?"

"Better than you." he said.

"Jeremy. You lost brain or what? I'll handle it, fine? I'm not a little girl. That's my problem not your. I killed him. I have to pay no you or somebody other."

"Elena you're my sister and I want just good for you like Damon does too. You should understand, that I'm dead. I will protect you no matter what. It's all I can do for you and I will do it. I killed Kol too, so we all think better will be when instead of you I will running." Of course... Why everybody try to live my life instead of me? They want to save me. Sure. Maybe I'm vain. But...

I looked to his eyes. I saw all the memories. I saw little Jeremy in front of me. I had to smile. He's gone and there was again Jer who wanted again save my life. Last time when he did it, he died.

"Jeremy, look. Since I've met Damon and Stefan, they want protect me, because there are people who wants kill me. All the time when I was human they did decisions instead of me. That changed when I've became a vampire. Now is time to do my own decisions. And I decided to run. I can't allow to you or somebody else risk your lifes and I know you are... dead but... I won't be alone, don't worry Damon go with me." he smiled and I think that he understood.

"So you decided." I nodded and he took his phone and text message. I looked at him confused, but then I saw he wrote to Damon that I decided. I didn't know why but I was glad he finally understood. I just hoped Stefan will get it too.

I smiled at Jeremy and then we went to house.

We were walking towards house and there was quiet. Shady quiet. Something is wrong.

"Jeremy, stay here." I looked at him serious. He just gave me face like -really?- But I understood why he gave me that face. He wanted me to understand he's dead and I'm not suppose to care about him so much.

"Fine." I said and he smiled like he reached what he wanted.

We came closer to door. I opend them but I felt like I'm in horror and everybody who is watching tells me to don't do it.

"Damon? Stefan?" I shout. Nobody responsed. Suddenly something flew by me. I looked at Jeremy and he just shruged. I swich on light. There was standing Caroline, Bonnie, Damon, Stefan, even Alaric and Lexi. I was little confused but then I understood when I looked at Caroline. She was smiling, but she cried before. It was smile, what you can see at her when she's giving up something. But her smile was honest like always. I smiled at her back. Then I looked at Bonnie, she had so understanding look, like always. And then I saw all the memories what we have together. I remember how Bonnie stood by me when my parents died. How she told me she's witch. How has Caroline changed. Like she became a vampire. I saw everything. And then I realized I cry a little. I looked at Alaric. He smiled like he used to do it when I was down. I run to him and I threw my arms around him.

"I missed you." I told quiet. I pulled away from him and pass to Lexi. I smiled at her and she hugged me. I didn't expect that but I hugged her back.

Then I came to Stefan. I looked to his eyes. I opened my mouth to said something but he was faster.

"Elena, I know what you want to tell me. Damon told me and I understand." he smiled. His smile was so understanding and honest like nothing happened. I pass to Damon. To Damon I first hated, then I saved his life, we became a friends, who saved my life, his blood turned me into a vampire, I loved, I was sired to, compeled me to turn off emotions and I love. I was looking to his eyes.

"Thank you, Damon. And I want to tell you something." I said and turned to the rest of them.

"I know, no one of you won't like my decision, especially Caroline and Stefan." I looked at Caroline then at Stefan. Stefan was looking down and Caroline smiled. I think both of them knew what I wanted to say. Everybody knew what I wanted to say him. I turned to Damon.

"Everybody wanted me to choose, decide. So I did. And maybe they don't like my decision. And maybe Stefan expects I'm sorry, but I'm not. And maybe Caroline doesn't like it, but it's my decision. Maybe Alaric doesn't like it, because he thinks you're selfish idiot, but I don't care. And maybe I do worst decision in my entire life, but... I love you, Damon." I looked at him..Everybody was staring at me. It's all I remember before Damon kissed me. It was best kiss ever, because there wasn't any remorse, any belief it's just because the sired bond and I didn't feel guilty because of Stefan.