Chapter One

Jared wakes up for school. He goes downstairs to eat breakfast. He hugs his mother goodbye and goes off to school. He walks only thinking of the game he had just purchased the day before, and of course his crush Annabel. He is a sucker for her.

He arrives at school and goes into his first period class right before the bell rang. He took his seat and took out his binder. Something seemed off. He didn't know what, but he felt the difference. He copy's down all of the learning objectives and does his bell ringer.

"Alright class, looks like I'm in the mood to give a pop quiz. Why not make it two grades as well?" Said Mr. Samuels.

At that moment is when Jared realized he didn't have his homework with him. He knew something was wrong but didn't bother. He was a smart kid and aced everything anyways. He wasn't the type of kid to be antisocial but he isn't a social butterfly either.

"Alright class, flip to page 221 and do 1-9. It will be due in twenty minutes," Said Mr. Samuels.

Jared had the courage of a startled ant. If something was off, he would usually know, and avoid that situation very quickly. He aced the quiz, with the luck of a leprechaun. One more incorrect question and he would've been down to a B.

"Mr. Samuels, can you please send Jared Van Heir to the main office? He is going home," said some lady over the PA System.

Another lucky strike for Jared.