Chapter 11

Getting to know Hidan turned out to be very tedious and extremely ANNOYING. I sighed while he continued to preach his religion. "OK OK!!!I get it already and I'm not changing my mind." I shouted. Hidan smacked his lips. "Aw, that really is too bad. Don't turn your back on me girly, or you'll end up being my next sacrifice." I rolled my eyes and got off his bed. "Now what?" Hidan shrugged and put a finger to his lips. "Well, I guess its time to introduce you to Kakuzu properly." Hidan grabbed my hand and I snatched it back. "I'll be fine, just don't grip my hand." Hidan rolled his eyes at me and led me out of his room, closing the door behind him. The room right next to his was where he led me. Without even knocking, Hidan barged right in. "Kakuzu, let's spend a little time with Hirada!" I walked inside to see a large safe in each corner of the room. There was a big desk, a regular bed, no window and a huge bookshelf. Kakuzu was on the ground surrounded by... "Holy crap that's a lot of money!!!" I quickly covered my mouth, wondering if I insulted him with my forwardness. "Hidan, its not wise to bring anyone here while I'm counting my savings. Get out." Kakuzu never turned around. For some reason, I felt a little insulted by him. "Don't worry, it just takes time to get through to him." Hidan whispered to me. I furrowed my brows. Hidan cleared his throat. "Well, I gotta go! Catch you two atheists later!" Hidan shouted, inferring we were atheists due to our non belief in Jashin. Then he left.

HE LEFT ME ALONE WITH KAKUZU!

I carefully made my way to the bed and sat down quietly. It was silent and awkward, aside from the sound of money swishing as Kakuzu counted. "You can leave now, there's no need for your presence." Kakuzu spoke up. I frowned and looked down. I wanted to leave, but there are still things I needed to know. For my Intel, I had to get to know him. "Uh...how much is it down there?" I tried to start a conversation. "Don't concern yourself, leave." Kakuzu continued to ignore me. I waited about 10 awkward minutes before sliding off the edge of bed and sitting next to Kakuzu. He tensed up but continued to count his money. I cautiously reached toward the stack. Before I knew it, there was a tentacle wrapped tightly around my wrist, cutting off my circulation. "Ouch, please let go." His gaze roughened into a glare as he tightened his grip.

Is he planning to break my wrist.

"Get.Out" Kakuzu let go and I flinched back and moved to sit a little further from him. I was still within reaching distance. "I just wanted to help." I barked back at him while rubbing the bruise on my wrist. "I doubt you can."

Smart ass.

"Please, I just wanted to get to know you." I asked in a broken voice. Kakuzu sighed in annoyance. "If I let you count it, will you leave me alone?" He turned towards me and asked. I nodded my head slowly. He signed and pointed at an unstacked pile, then he went back to counting himself. "I slowly made my way to the pile and started counting. By the time I finished, I was amazed at how much money he had. But the bigger thing was...what the hell was he going to spend it all on?!?! "Uh, Kakuzu..." I tapped his shoulder. He grunted and looked over. "What are you going to spend all your money on?" I could see under his mask that his mouth curved upward. As close to a smile I'll ever see from him. "What's the point of collecting it if I'm just going to spend it all? The true point is to have as much of it as you can, to be as happy as you can. You don't need anything else in this world as long as you have money. It can buy you anything at all." Kakuzu explained. I frowned and looked down. "Not true, you need friends, family,and love. Those are things you cant buy." I explained to him. Kakuzu began counting again. "You can buy those as well. And if by any chance at all that you can't buy it...then its not important." Kakuzu's backward perception of life must mean he's not happy. And it definitely shows.

"Have you ever had any of those things before the money?" I asked him shamelessly with pure curiosity. Kakuzu looked down at his hands. "I don't know what family is. My father died and my mother abandoned me at the age of 5. I was trained by my village elders. That was family, but even so...they betray you as well." Kakuzu had a bit of hatred tagged on to the end of his voice. "What about friends? Hidan is your friend right?" I asked him. He simply scoffed and replied with the darkest tone of voice I'd ever heard him use. "Hidan is my partner assigned to me in this organization. I could care less about him as anything more than that. He's nothing but a burden, let down, weak, idiotic freak. He's a drag with his slow and tedious rituals and prayers to his imaginary god, and a fool with the strategy of a brain dead child's when it comes to battle. I would've killed him by now if it weren't for the fact he is immortal. And if he ever became worth anything, I'd sell him in a second for money."

"Wow." I didn't know what else to say to him. "Uh...OK." I changed the subject hoping to get him off of his foul mood. "Well, what about love?" Kakuzu looked at me and lightened his eyes up. "Child if you knew me, you'd understand why there's no such thing as love in my lifetime." I felt a little sad at this. "You're still really young looking. You still have time to discover this kinda stuff."

"Hidan isn't the only immortal in this organization. Why do you think we're paired together." It took a minute for me to register what he said. "So this means you're immortal too?" Kakuzu chuckled. "Hirada... I'm 90 years old."