Chapter 12

"N-n-ninety...Ninety years old!?" I quickly covered my mouth. "But then...how old is Hidan?" I asked inwardly. "To answer your question, he's 23. He has no idea what his life is going to become. Soon, everyone he knows will die. I suppose that's a reason to keep him around. But then again, I could care less about what happens to him." Kakuzu stood up and looked in the opposite direction. He reached his hand out, not looking at me. I decided to take it and he helped me up. I smiled lightly. "You know this only means you have forever to find love, right?" I hinted at him. Kakuzu didn't look at me. "I'm a monster, and I'm very much incapable of love. Even if it were to happen, that person wouldn't last forever. Their life span...I don't want to talk about this anymore." He let go of my hand quickly. For a while, we just stood there in silence, not looking at each other. And finally, the silence wasn't awkward for us.

Well, at least not for me.

"Kakuzu, where are you from?" I asked him, hoping to start the conversation back up. "From the village hidden by waterfall." He turned towards me, finally looking at me. "Did you like it there?" I smiled a little at him. His gaze turned back into hatred. "My village betrayed me when I failed a certain mission. I was locked up and tortured for years by them." He raised the sleeve of his cloak to reveal various stitches all over. Its almost as if his body was put together by a mediocre artist. "That's awful. I'm really sorry they did that to you. You didn't deserve that just because you failed a mission. What kind of village was that?" I felt remorse. He lowered his sleeve and sighed. "You're forgetting I'm 90. Back then, times were different. Besides, the mission was very important. I was told to return a success or not return at all. I returned regardless." I looked down. Someone opened the door, getting our attention. "Kakuzu, I'm back! What-" Hidan stopped and stared. "Oh yeah, Hirada you're still here?" He asked me. Before I could answer, Kakuzu answered for me. "She was just leaving. Its late, and shell be too tired to get up tomorrow if she doesn't go to bed now." He looked down at me. There wasn't a trace of hatred in his eyes, only calmness. I nodded in understanding. "Yeah, I was just going. Goodnight Hidan, night Kakuzu." I waved before closing the door.

While walking back to my room, Kakuzu was on my mind. I wondered what the mission was that his village had given him. What caused them to react that way, to do those things to him? What did they do to him, and how did he end up here exactly? I sighed and opened my door, closing it softly behind me. There wasn't much more to add to my Intel about him except the weird tentacle that he released from himself. it looked like it was made of a million thin fibers of something. The weird grey thing! Although there was not much information about Kakuzu, there was plenty of information about Hidan. "And they're immortal." I said to myself while writing my last bit of information, and stashing the makeshift scroll in its regular spot. I laid down on my bed and drifted off to sleep easily.

********
I know what you're thinking deep down inside. I'm sorry its taken me up until now to finally reach you. I just want you to remember to be very careful. We can't risk you getting hurt, its my job to protect you.

I heard a deep voice speak to me. There was nothing but darkness, and a single flame a large as a candle lit into the distance. "Who said that? Who's talking to me!?" I started to panic.

Calm down girl. When you're ready, I'll reveal myself to you. You've reached that age Nami. Just know that I've always been here for you and I always will be.

********

I jolted up and gasped. "What the hell kinda dream..." I placed my palm on my forehead and wiped away the sweat. Just then, the door burst open and Deidara came in ringing a loud bell will Sasori trailing behind him. I screamed and fell out of bed. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU TWO ABOUT KNOCKING?!?!" I growled and threw my pillows at them. Sasori expertly ducked but Deidara got nailed in the face. We stood up at the same time and he pretended to dust himself off while I put my hands on my hips. "Geez! There's no need to assault me and flash those scary sharp teeth." Deidara pointed at me. Sasori rolled his eyes. I touched my teeth and felt they were sharp once again! Just like when I was training with Kakuzu. I can also feel my skin tingling once more. "Anyway, while you play with your teeth, don't forget to get ready and come out for training today." Deidara squinted his eyes at me. He looked like he was teasing me as if a brother would tease a sister. "Whatever, Blondie." I stuck my tongue out at him. "Hmph!" Deidara walked out. "We'll leave you to get ready." Sasori bowed respectively and left me, closing the door behind him.

I didn't have time to think about my tingling skin this time, I need to get ready.