9: More than friends

((I'm not going to go into much detail as you meet Masky, Hoodie and Jeff, but they'll have more parts later on, don't worry.))

You, Jeff and Toby sat for a while talking before finally Masky and Hoodie showed up; and to your surprise, they were dressed up just as oddly as Jeff, but you didn't question it.

The four of you all talked for a long while, before you and Toby headed back to your house.

The both of you stayed quiet as you walked, before Toby finally broke the silence.

"What did you think of them?" Toby asked curiously, looking at you.

"They all seemed nice," you said. "I wouldn't mind hanging out with them again some time."

Toby grinned. "I'm glad," he looked at the ground ahead of him as he walked, his hands in his pockets.

It was dark by the time you two got back, and as you walked through the door, you walked over to the couch and plopped down onto the cushions with a loud groan.

Toby closed the door behind him and eyed you questioningly.

"I hate walking so much," you stated, looking at him. "Next time, you should carry me."

Toby chuckled, walking over to the couch and sitting down next to you. "Yeah, right."

You giggled softly, before stretching. "What do you want to do now?"

"We could watch a movie," Toby suggested, pointing to a shelf beside the TV that had a bunch of DVD's on it.

"Sounds good to me," you agreed, before standing up. "I can go make some popcorn, and you can pick out the movie."

(Toby's POV)

Toby watched you disappear into the kitchen, before he stood up and walked over to the movie cabinet. He looked the shelves over carefully, before spotting a perfect horror movie.

Perfect. He smirked, pulling the case from its spot and opening it.

He placed the DVD into the player, before sitting back down on the couch.

A few minutes later, you came back from the kitchen, carrying a bowl of popcorn. You had a grin plastered to your face as you sat down next to him, causing his suspicion to rise.

"What's with the grin?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

(Back to your POV)

"Did you poison it?" Toby eyed you suspiciously, but there was a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"Of course not," you smirked, before throwing a piece of popcorn at him, earning you a look of surprise from him.

"Hey," he huffed, taking a handful of popcorn from the bowl and tossing it at you.

You squeaked in shock, before blinking and looking around at the popcorn scattered around you.

"You have to clean that up," you stuck your tongue out at him.

He began to protest, but quickly decided against it. He let out an exaggerated sigh before muttering "fine, but after the movie."

"What movie did you pick?" You tilted your head.

"(Insert random horror movie)." He grinned.

You looked at him for a moment before blinking. "A horror movie? Why?"

"I thought it would be fun," he chuckled. "Why, are you scare-"

"No," you said quickly, cutting him off.

He gave you an evil grin. "Suuuure," he rolled his eyes.

As the movie started, you tried your best to keep yourself from shaking. You didn't mind horror movies, it was just that the jump scares always got to you, even when you expected them.

Halfway through the movie, you realized Toby had scooted a bit closer to you, so that your shoulders were touching.

Your face turned a bit pink, but you didn't complain. 

A little ways into the movie, there was a jump scare, and you accidentally spilled some of the popcorn. 

"I thought you said you weren't scared," Toby grinned, raising an eyebrow questioningly. 

"I'm not," You objected. "I just wasn't ready."

"Yeah, right," He chuckled, moving and placing an arm around your shoulder, causing you to blush like mad. "does this help any?"

You blinked and nodded, before leaning against him. Your face was still red, but you relaxed against him. 

He smiled slightly to himself before he went back to watching the movie. 

When the movie had ended, you were on the verge of falling asleep, and you had your head resting against Toby's shoulder. 

But, he didn't complain. 

Instead, he moved so that he was laying down, with you against his side. (yes, the couch is just big enough for you two to lay side by side *^*)

Before long, you had fallen asleep, with his arms around you. And, for the first time in a while, you slept really well for the first time in forever. 

((More chapters to come soon ;3))