Chapter seven

It was a few days after the hospital incident and Frisk was at her home, laying on the couch, sobbing her eyes out. The reason was, in a sense, a bit odd, but understandable. As Frisk turned over on her couch, burying her head into her pillow with quiet sobs, her doorbell rung. Frisk glanced up, a bit curious of who it was, but then remembered what was making her cry so hard and began to sob again.
The monster on the other side narrowed their eyes, listening to the sobs of Frisk as they did. With a sigh, the monster opened the door, making Frisk's head bolt up in realisation. She grabbed her red, heart patterned pillow, holding it tight in her arms as she sat upright. Her eyes trailed to the door, were Alphys stood.
"H-Hey! Are you okay?" The yellow monster asked, walking towards the human in her lab coat. Frisk nodded, large tears still trailing down her pale face. Her phone illuminated the couch cushions it was tucked in upon.
Alphys glanced at it for a moment before snatching the cellphone from its place, looking what was on the screen. Frisk gasped, terrified, and red from embarrassment and her sobbing.
"Frisk! Is this what is making you cry?" Alphys said, turning the phone to the human. She nodded, sniffing.
"Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no.. " The monster said, her claws scrolling the phone. "A fanfiction? Which on- oh, Toriel and Asgore? I- oh, no! This one is so sad! Why would you read it?" Alphys said, her eyes wide as she looked at Frisk. Frisk shuffled in her couch, looking down.
"It even has a warning on it." Without waiting for a response, Alphys continued, shifting her round glasses as her eyes focused on the glowing screen. Frisk mumbled something, sinking deeper into her couch. After a moment or two of awkward silence, she snatched her phone from Alphys.
"Don't look at my phone." Frisk hissed.
Alphys rolled her eyes with a giggle, "You know, I could put Sans' phone number on there." The monster said, winking at Frisk.
"What was that wink for?" Frisk said, narrowing her eyes. There seemed to be a slight blush on the girl's face.
"Oh, nothing. Nothing at all." Alphys said with another wink.
Frisk sat up straight, a pink colour still on her face. "Alphys.." She said with a tone of impatience, "What are you hiding?"
"I should be asking that to you." The reptile responded with a small smirk.
After Frisk didn't respond, she added, "It's obvious you like that skeleton. To everyone, I might add."
The human was quiet for a moment before she said, "Which one?"
Alphys laughed, "You know 'which one!'
The human pouted in response, her face lighting up a bit more, "What is this, girl-to-girl-time?" She said, sarcastically.
Alphys giggled again, "It can be if you want to!"
"No, thank you!" The human said, getting up from the couch. She went to the kitchen, just to have the reptile follow her there.
"Come on!" Alphys pressed, a friendly smile on her face.
Frisk sighed, sitting on her counter.
"Alright, I like Sans.. He's funny and nice.." She began, her eyes fixed on something almost unseen by others as her face glowed with embarrassment.
"And thick-headed!" A sudden voiced added, snapping Frisk out of her trace.
She almost forgot that the yellow flower sat in her kitchen, listening to their every word. Alphys noticed the flower for the first time, a frightened look appearing on her yellow face. Frisk must have noticed this.
"Don't worry, Alphys," she said with a reassuring smile, "Flowey is just fine now!"
Alphys didn't looked convinced as the Flowey smirked at her, enjoying her fearful expression. Feeling awkward, the human jumped down the counter.
"Alphys, why don't you and I speak in another room?" Frisk said, glancing at Flowey.
"Oh, uh, I-I should actually get going.." The reptile stammered, backing up a few steps. Speed-walking towards to door, she added, "Bye, Frisk!"
Flowey heard the sound of the door slamming before looking back up at Frisk, "Sans, huh?" He said, a smug look on his face, "I knew you had a thing for that bonehead."
Frisk was silent for a moment, thoughts stirring in her head.
Flowey continued.
"I don't understand why you even bother trying to make friends. At the end, they are all going to die."
Frisk threw him a dark look, one that was never seen by Flowey before that moment. Her eyes burned with something he couldn't tell when she spat out,
"Shut up, Flowey."