chapter 8

The welcome party ended after a while and it was about one in the morning. I was really tired, but promised Kelly I would help clean up. She’d one so much for me that I just couldn’t let her do I on her own. Well she wasn’t really she had the band to help her; I just didn’t want to be rude.

I went upstairs to check if here was any garbage no doubt that at least some people had been up here to trash the place. I entered each room and it actually wasn’t that bad. I found a few bottles and cups here and there, but other than that it was clean. I was especially happy that my new room wasn’t a mess, which was the last thing I needed for a welcome present.

Making my way back to the stars I was tying the trash bag. This meant that I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. Suddenly I walked into someone and painfully feel to the ground.

“Ow.” I groaned and rubbed my butt on the place where it hurt.

“Sorry.” I heard an angelic voice say. I looked up to see Kellin bending down to my level. “Are you hurt?” No genius I’m wrapped in bubble wrap.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I lied. He put his hand out for me to hold so he could pull me up. “Thanks.” I said when I finally stood up. He nodded his head and I started to walk away. I started to feel eyes on me. When I looked behind me, Kellin looked like he was in a daze. I started to wave my hand in front of his face and nothing happened. “KELLIN!” I screamed in his ear.

Kellin screamed and backed up into the wall. I just started laughing hysterically. “What?” He said confusingly. “Why were you yelling in my ear?”

“Because silly you were staring at me and when I tried getting your attention you wouldn’t come ‘back to earth’.” I said in quotation marks. “And I’m also a bit scared after that so I’m going to go.” I fast walked away from Kellin with the trash bag trailing behind me and met Kelly at the bottom of the stairs.

“Is that it?” She asked me questioning why there was so little in the one trash bag. All I did was nod and hand the trash bag over to her. I decided to go back upstairs afterwards. I was so tired at this point that I just wanted to crash. But I was able to get my suitcase out and grab so pajamas before doing so.

When I was about to get into bed though, I heard a knock at my door. I forced myself to walk all the way over to open it even though I was practically feeling dead.

“What is it?” I said in a groggy voice as I opened the door to reveal all five boys from Sleeping With Sirens. I tried to come up with a smile but somehow I don’t think it looked much like one.

“Sorry were you going to sleep?” Jack said feeling sorry that they interrupted.

“It’s alright I was still up and about so it’s not that bad.” I could tell Jack felt a little happier now.

“We just wanted to say goodnight and that hopefully we’ll see you soon.” I nodded my head in approval.

“Actually,” Kellin butt in. “We come around to Kelly’s house a lot when we’re not on tour or in the studio so you might be seeing a whole lot of us. Kellin’s smile was bigger than I had ever seen it before even when we were younger. Though behind him, I saw one of Jesse’s famous glares. I had to think of something fast to say so that he’d stop.

“Well actually guys I’m going to be trying to get a job pretty soon just so I can help Kelly out. I mean it’s only fair since she’s letting me live here.” And then I saw Jack pouting.

“BUT ALLYCAT!” Jack said whimpering. “We just met you and got to know you now we’re going to be seeing less and less of you.” I frowned and nodded. They then said that it was time to go back to their place. Each of them came up to me and gave me a hug before heading downstairs. When I got to Kellin our hug was a little longer than it was supposed to be. And then Jesse was the last one. When everyone else disappeared from the hallway he started to whisper.

“I’m glad we can work something out. If I can’t get you to move again you’ve just got to find a way to keep yourself busy.” I couldn’t find anything to say to him.

“Goodbye, Jesse.” I guess this sort of relationship with Jesse was better than nothing. It kept me a day dream away from Kellin and I didn’t necessarily feel unwanted anymore.