Chapter 2

It had been a month since I saw Kellin and all my worries were gone. I had been especially careful everywhere I went, but I was just happy I made it through the month.

I had finished packing the last bit of stuff in my apartment. Things had been going smoother than I expected with everything going on. My last day at work was today, and everyone had thrown a party at the end of all our shifts. I never realized how much room there was in that apple store before now. There were always tones of people in there and I’d usually leave before all the costumers were gone.

It took me a good hour and a half to get to Kelly, but it was all worth it. I pulled up into Kelly’s driveway and looked at her house. It wasn’t gigantic, but it was definitely big. After grabbing the box that was in the passenger seat, I got out of the car and went up to the door. When I reached the door and was about to ring the doorbell the door opened. Before me stood Kelly and a guy who was saying goodbye to her. Kelly and I had been in touch lately and she didn’t tell me about any boy that she had been dating.

I wonder if she just didn’t want me to know or if it was just that she didn’t find the right time to tell me. I saw them kiss and then he practically walked right into me and I had to get myself balanced again quickly before everything fell. And as soon as I did, I looked up at his face.

“I’m sooo sorry!” He said apologetically. I looked at him for a minute in curiosity. I knew the face, and it hit me. I looked over at Kelly and simultaneously we said.

“Jack Fowler.” And she just smiled at me excitedly. “Yes, Allison. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I just didn’t know how I was just so excited and whenever I was going to tell you I got busy and just forgot.” I hugged my best friend and forgave her. It wasn’t a big deal I mean it was only Jack.

“So you know me?” Jack asked breaking up our reunion. I looked at him like he was crazy.

“Who wouldn’t know you? Sleeping With Sirens is just the bomb.” I’m not surprised that Jack didn’t remember me I changed my hair color, but that was about it. I did get a sense that he was trying to remember probably because of my voice.

“Oh right, sorry whenever I’m with Kelly I kind of forget about the band for a little while. But I actually have to go I’m supposed to go to the store.” I was about to say goodbye to Jack when Kelly cut in.

“Jack would you mind maybe taking Allison with you?” I looked at her strange. “I mean to show her around you know?”

“But I still have to unpack…” I said confusingly.

“Yes, but the house is a mess and I kind of need to do a little clean up.” I decided to go with Jack. For one Kelly wasn’t going to let in the house so if I hadn’t gone with Jack I would have nowhere to go. I said goodbye to Kelly and we both got into Jack’s car. As we pulled out of the driveway things were quiet, but Jack decided to e the brave one to break the silence.

“So Allison, right?” I just nodded my head in approval when he looked over at me. “How long have you known Kelly?” I thought for a moment ever since…

“Almost six years. She’s been my best friend for a really long time. Without her I don’t think I would have any friends.”

“Why’s that?” My eyes went wide. UGH! Why’d I have to say that? I’m so stupid, I told myself as I mentally slapped myself.

“Don’t want to talk about it.” And that was the end of that.

“Do you like Sleeping With Sirens or do you just know about us?” Jack asked trying to keep the conversation going.

“I actually love your band. You guys have amazing music, and some songs have gotten me through a lot.” He smiled in approval.

“Ever been to one of our concerts?” I frowned, I wish.

“No, but I’ve always wanted to. I could never afford to get tickets when you guys were in town.”

“Well hey now you won’t have to pay.” I looked at him wondering why and he turned to see me when I hadn’t answered back “You’re friends with Kelly I can get you back stage for free. What are you blonde or something?”

“Actually yea I died my hair black a few weeks back.” We had gotten to the shops by now and Jack had just parked. Before we got out of the car he turned his head to look at me, and I could tell a thought came up in his head. He looked kind of shocked, but I wasn’t about to ask.