Chapter 3

Sorry for a short chapter ^-^ um i got a bit of writers block after the end of this so i just decided to upload it. I actually really need at least one person to tell me that this story is worth reading for me to really get the motivation to move on. so i hope you've enjoyed it thus far and want me to continue. THANKS GUYS!

Next thing I knew Jack was dragging me into all these different, he had told me that he wanted to get a birthday present. I thought it was strange that he wanted to do that because her birthday wasn’t for another couple of weeks. Jack just covered it by saying that he’d be pretty busy with rehearsal and what not so an early start was a better one.

After going into jewelry stores, candy shops, Dick’s for God’s sake, I finally suggested we go into Forever 21. It was her favorite store, and I knew exactly what she’d like. I was in and out of the store in ten minutes with Jack for a high-low dress that was perfect for Kelly, and it was something I would definitely wear myself.

We actually had a lot of extra time on our hands since Kelly had texted Jack while we were in Forever 21 to stall for at least another hour. I still didn’t know what the hell she could be cleaning up that became such a mess. She wasn’t much of a party girl, Jack assured me that she was probably being very picky seeming as she wanted to make sure you felt as much as home as possible.

The two of us decided to go for ice cream. I wasn’t allowed to pay for my own ice cream cone even after pouting for almost five minutes while we were waiting our turn. I was defeated for the first time ever and I was appalled; I felt like I was losing my touch.  We found a place to sit outside because the place was packed.

“So you’d you move to San Francisco?” Jack frightened me because it had been so silent that I kind of blocked everything out and just started daydreaming. “Do you need me to repeat the question?” He asked realizing that I had been off in my own world for a while and I just nodded. “Why’d you move here?” What was something that I could tell him that would seem plausible? I got tired of living alone..no that wouldn’t do.

“I needed a change of scenery.” I said bluntly licking my ice cream some more.

“Bullshit!” Well that was unexpected. I guess he wasn’t going to just sit around and except my half ass answers anymore. “Tell me the real reason.”

“What makes you think it’s not real?” I questioned him back trying to get away from having to come up with a different story.

“I can see it in your eyes kid.” Kid, that kind of hurt. I’d always been treated like a kid, no one thought I’d been through anything in my life. I was just that little girl (Although not so little) that had everything set out for her and no one bothered me I wasn’t bullied or abused. I didn’t know anything…That’s exactly how people thought my life was.

I felt a sharp pain at my arm after a minute of thinking. I looked at the source of the pain and it was Jack’s hand gripping my wrist where my bracelet was. I flinched and he had apologetic eyes. I had to make it seem like that didn’t hurt a bit, but when I tried he just didn’t fall for it. God what was happening to me?

“I didn’t think I gripped your arm that hard. Are you really hurt?” Again I denied the pain and he started to inspect my arm. When I tried pulling it away he just insisted that he look at it more. And all of a sudden he removed my bracelet from its place. “What’s that?” He asked as a rhetorical question, most likely meaning why is it there?

“Don’t ask questions you don’t want to hear answers to.” I stared off into the distance blankly. “It’s almost seven years old.” Thinking that might make things better…but I don’t think that helped at all.

“So you’re telling me that you’ve been cutting for seven years.” I don’t think that needed an answer so I let him continue. “Why don’t I see any others?”

“That’s the deepest cut I’ve ever done and it won’t go away. Everything else was just to get me past the physical and mental pain.” I said too much already. And thank god I didn’t have answer any more questions because Kelly called saying that we could head back to the house now. I sighed in relief and we headed back to the car and it was a silent car ride all the way through.