Epilogue

Ian
"What's going to happen, now?" I stood up as Wilson finally came out of his room.
"I can't give you any details now till I finish the interrogation."
"You promised me that she'll be safe."
"Don't worry." He sighed.
"But I must see her." I stepped in front of him forcing him to stop running away from me.
"You're asking for the forbidden! Ian, keep your feelings aside, and think for once that she's a criminal.. a killer!"
"She's not!" I yelled making everyone in the hall shut up. "She's sick and you know that." I continued.
"I'm not a therapist, Ian. To me, she's a criminal. She can't see anyone, now, except her lawyer, okay? And I promise that she's really healthy and safe. You can go home and rest for a couple of hours."
"Of course not!"
"Then wait. I can't help you." He sighed walking past me and back to a small room.
"Ian!" Tella called from behind me.
"What happened?"
"They asked me a few questions. Don't worry. Nothing bad will happen to her since she's sick."
"He's not telling me anything, and I'll lose it if I waited for another minute!" I yelled.
"Calm down. They must be examining her or something. They must make sure that she's really sick. The judge should keep it in mind."
"Oh God." I sighed as her lawyer stepped out of the room.
"Sir," I approached him.
"There's no need to worry. I prepared all the papers needed to get her out of it, but I can't do anything concerning locking her up in a mental institution." He sighed.
"If that happened, will I be able to see her?"
"Of course. She'll be a normal patient, but the police will follow her status till she recovers."
"Can I see her, now?"
"They won't allow it, now. I'm sorry." He sighed.
"Then when?" I glared at him as they opened the door again, and there was Chantal with two cops holding her.. her eyes were red and puffy, and her face was tear-stained.
"Chantal," I whispered cupping her face in my hand.
She stood there, silent, looking directly at my eyes not into them. I can see that her mind was somewhere else.
"Can you hear me?" My hands fell from her face to reach for her hands when it held a metal cuff.
"What the hell is that?" I yelled at Wilson who was standing there in complete silence. It was my fault.
"Remove this shit from her hands!" I screamed.
"Take her away." He ordered the two other cops.
"Wilson!" I yelled as I stood in front of them blocking their way.
"Ian, I won't ask you again to let me finish my work. I don't care of you're so close to me. If you didn't move out of the way, I'll put the cuffs in your hands, too."
"Fuck you!" I spat at him as Tella pulled me out of their way, but I pushed her away standing in front of them, shaking in anger.
"Stop!" For the first time, Chantal spoke up. "You're making it worse for yourself and for me! Can't you see whom are you defending? I killed someone and I lied about it. I used you, and I don't deserve this! Forget about me, okay? I don't want to see you again. Consider it as a dream, or maybe a nightmare. Think of me as someone who was there in the past, but not anymore. You shouldn't care, Ian. If you feel bad, breathe. You’re going to be okay. This pain you feel is going to pass. Maybe not this moment or today or tomorrow, but sometime soon. The hurt will fade. Don’t give up before things get better. You may be wounded, but you aren’t broken. You can and will heal. Don't lose yourself, Ian. You're stronger than me."
"I'm not. We may not be lovers, but we can still give power to each other. I'll never forget about you. I will always be there for you till I get you out of there. Promise me that you'll wait for that moment just like me."
"Forgive me." She sobbed.
"Not before you promise me, Chantal."
"I am so sorry." Tears were streaming down her face as Wilson let out a sigh. "Take her away, and make sure she's safe and sound." With that, they started to moving away.
"Goodbye, my lifesaver." She whispered as they pulled her away from me.
Goodbye, Chantal.
Goodbye...