Chapter Ten

Shawn and I decided to figure out everything in the morning and get some sleep. So when I woke up in what was probably late morning, Shawn was up and had ordered breakfast on the remote. Set up on the desk was a whole buffet, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, strawberries, and my personal favorite, syrup. I slowly got out of bed and waddled very heavily to the desk, grabbing a piece on bacon and taking a bite. I looked at Shawn - who was now dressed in a flattering long sleeve white shirt and jeans. I looked at him, "Did you order all this food?"

He nodded, "I thought we should eat a bunch of food, talk about what you found out about our country's secrets, and plan our escape before that little cutie pops out in less than a month."

"I think that's a great idea."

So we dragged the desk over to the bed and sat down on the edge of the mattress, eating and talking together about all I had read about the United State's corrupt government. Once I was done telling him everything, he pursed his lips before saying, "We need to go to Darren for help. As much as I don't like it, we have to."

"I don't trust him!"

"He's our only chance, Phoebe! You know that. We can't get out of here on our own. Plus, once he realizes that we know what's going on, he might open up to you. Who knows? You have to try to talk to him on your walk, okay? Since it's the last walk you'll be allowed on while you're this pregnant you have to do it today. He is coming in an hour so hurry up and finish your eggs."

I finished eating and looked at Shawn before I stood up, "I need to go to the bathroom. Help me?"

He nodded and stood up, helping me balance. It was difficult to do anything without help anymore, I really struggled putting on pants or shoes... I couldn't even see my feet anymore. Once I was done and washed my hands, Shawn eyed my stomach uncertainly, "Phoebe, I don't think that one baby could be that big."

I looked at him, "I know, I have suspected that for a while. I just don't want to imagine that there are two inside of me... That's four of us that the Unites States will be able to dissect. I can't handle that."

He rubbed his hand on my back, sighing softly, "We should think of names."

And we thought of the prefect names, up until there was a knock on the door. We had two girl names and two boys, just in case the two were the same gender. Shawn and I looked at the door as it opened, Darren stepped in. He smiled at us, "Hey guys. Phoebe, you ready for your last walk?"

I nodded, and took the clothes from his hands, tossing them behind me and onto my bed. It would take too much time to change and I didn't want to waste precious any time. I watched his face as it morphed from surprise to curiosity. I looked at him, "I'm fine in the clothes I'm wearing, let's go." I looked back at Shawn and he gave me a approving nod.

I sighed and headed outside with Darren. We had to sit within minutes of getting outside because I couldn't walk for large amounts of time anymore.

Once we were sitting on the bench, Darren asked me, "So... When's your due date?"

"I don't know. This doctor comes in once a month, runs this ultrasound device over my belly then leaves without a word. I know nothing about my baby," I told him, nervously biting my bottom lip.

"Oh," was all Darren had to say.

I gathered the courage and spoke, "I know the SMS's dirty little secret, Darren."

He looked at me, his charming gold eyes wide and his face wide in shock, "W-what?"

"I know that the United States created RD15 and that they are planning on killing me and my bab..ies," I hesitated, I knew there wasn't one but that didn't mean he had to know.