Chapter 1:Running

What felt like hours had only been minutes. He had found me. I hid for a year but he found me, at my friend Madi's house. He found me and I ran. I had thought I was free, but I thought wrong. He was far enough behind me that only my silhouette was visible, but he could see me nonetheless. I saw a flat building and ran into it. There was no time and I didn't have patience to wait for the elevator so I took the stairs. So many flights, but I went up, feeling my lungs start to burn. When I heard the man racing up the stairs, I opened the floor door, this one being the 3rd and ran down the hallway. When I couldn't run anymore I banged on a door. A man with black fringe and piercing blue eyes opened the door.

"Help me, please!" I said out of breath, hoping he'd understand.  "He's coming. Please!" I pleaded with a frightened expression.

"Come on. Hurry." The black haired man said as he pulled me inside. "Dan, get some water!" The man yelled. I heard shuffling as another man, this one with brown fringe and deep brown eyes appeared with a glass of water. I gulped it down quickly.

               *BANG BANG*

'Oh shit!' I thought.

"Dan take her to your room and stay there until I tell you." The blue eyed man said.

"C'mon." The man I presumed as Dan called to me.

'Dan? Where had I heard that name before? I would probably remember after the exhaustion and shock wore off.' I thought to myself. He brought me to his room. It was very big and vaguely familiar. I sat on his bed and heard yelling from the front door, surprising, since the front door was down the stairs.

"Where is she?!?!" A scarily familiar voice yelled.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I KNOW SHE'S HERE!!"

"No one is here but me. I can assure you of that. Now you better leave and not come back."

"I will find her. You have no idea who you're messing with." The man left and I heard the door close.

"Dan."

"Let's go." The brown haired man said. We went to the lounge and sat down.

"What's going on? Who was that man? If you tell us we can help." The blue eyed man said to me. I have yet to figure out his name, but I know him from somewhere. I blame the exhaustion and shock.

"Well, I might as well start from the beginning..."