Chapter 2 "Just Another Day In The Carter's Home"

Continuation From Last Time...

"who was that?, what happened?" I asked sitting up.

"that was JJ, he said he's in police custody downtown" Jay said throwing some clothes on.

"what!?, why?"

"I didn't get the full story, just he was in the car with his dumb asš friends and they got pulled over, I'm finna go down there and see wassup" he said putting on his jacket then grabbing his phone.

"oh God" I sighed getting out of bed. "ok, be careful baby"

He pecked my lips. "ok, I'll be back in a few" he said leaving out the room.

I went to my dresser and grabbed my pajamas out and put them on, then I went back to the bed to sit down, I grabbed what I thought was my phone off the dresser, but when I pressed the button to turn the screen on I realized it was Jay's because of his screen saver pic of me.

"dang, he grabbed the wrong phone" I said putting in his password to unlock his phone.

I went to his messages so I can text my phone and let him know he had mines and not his, but I came across a recent contact he's been texting, the first words I saw were "I Love You" so you know I clicked on it. All their back and forth messages popped up and I scrolled through their convos going back at least a month, from what they were talking about I knew exactly who it was he's been secretly texting behind my back.

I sighed. "really Jay, you talking to her again" I tossed his phone on the bed and laid back, we gon have a little talk when he gets home.

JAY'S P.O.V

I pulled up to the address JJ gave me, there's two cop cars parked behind a grey range rover with the doors open, I see JJ and 3 of his same trouble making freinds sitting on the curb in cuffs, and like 4 cops out here. I pulled up behind one cop car, a cop approached my truck, I rolled my window down.

"Hi, how you doing tonight?" he asked.

"I was doing fine before this" I said.

The officer chuckled. "are you the parent of one of these kids?"

"yes"

"ok, you can step out of the car and come with me" he said stepping away from my door.

I got out my truck and closed the door. "so what happened?" I asked following him.

"well I wasn't the first cop on the scene, officer Hill was, he's the one who pulled them over, he's right over there" he said pointing to the 2 cops talking. "he said the kids were joyryding"

I shook my head, ima beat this boy asš. "here he is" he said as we approached the other cops.

"oh my god, uh Hi, I'm officer Hill" the male cop said shaking my hand with a friendly smile.

"Hi, I'm Shawn Carter"

"oh I know who you are, I'm a big fan, I've listened to all your albums"

"oh thanks man, I appreciate it, so uh what happened with my son?"

"oh, well me and my partner here, officer Turner" he said pointing to the guy standing next to him. "we were just patrolling when we see these guys going 80mph in a 45 mile zone in that Range Rover over there blasting music, so we pulled them over. Only to find out they were all under age with no license, under the influence of marijuana, and had an open bottle of alcohol in their possession. Now I started to arrest them and take em down to the station, but I recognized two of em, JJ and Jaden, and I'm a huge fan of you and Will and know y'all probably wouldn't won't the media getting wind of this, so I gave the boys a choice of going down to the station or calling their parents, they chose to call their parents. So it's your choice on what we do now sir"