{1}

Low battery. Those were two words I didn't want to see right now.
  I'm no where near a charger and stranded at Parker high school the place i never wanted to see again . Usually people saw right  through me but fifth period wasn't the typical case.
Two words.
Jackson Riles
I have to admit I had the biggest crush on him since freshman year. he was the perfect package tall,funny,and muscular who didn't want him at Parker high?
Well sitting here on the schools front steps it would be me.
***
The bell rang for fifth period and I claimed my usual seat by the door underneath the clock. Not a minute later Jackson walked in his long blonde hair was perfectly pushed lazily to the right side and his signature letter man jacket clinched to his back. I being the goof I am smiled probably way too much but he didn't seem to notice so I was safe at that moment. So let's fast forward it to when our teacher Mr.Avery told me to read the introduction to chapter 16 out loud let me be the first to say that I screwed it up big time
"In-n this um ch-apter you wil-l learn about-t the adv- the advances in modern technology" I honestly don't know what came over me probably I felt like I had to impress Jackson but failed miserably. The whole time my cheeks were flushed red which eventually caused me to stop reading even though the rest of the paragraph taunted me.
" sh-she di-d did per-fect " a familiar voice rang in my ears. This may sound cliche but I felt as if I was drowning as if the laughter that flooded the room was suffocating me. Me being an idiot again I couldn't just let him make fun of the stutter. I stood up and faced him with tears that threatened to race down my cheeks.
"It isn't funny! I was obviously nervous "
"Oh so the broken record can speak now?" He fired back laughing
Now the dam broke tears flew down my face so rapidly I gave up trying to hide and wipe them.
"Okay. Okay that's enough you two" Mr.Avery said hiding his immature giggles. I swear all guys are the same.
I couldn't do anything. I only had two choices pick the smart idea or the stupid idea by now you should know what I picked. I grabbed my text book and bag then hesitated about walking out the door.
"I hope you feel a lot better about yourself " I muttered and with that I shut the door hopefully leaving the room in a stunned silence.
***
So here I am now hoping for a miracle in the front steps of Parker high. I got lost in my own thoughts as if was in a maze. The sun was fell a bit quicker than I expected it was only 6:00 and Steven is never late. That's practically his only job to pick me up at 4:45 and take me home.
Steven is my immature eighteen year old brother who graduated last year. He's kinda the deadbeat of my life like almost the opposite of a role model someone who I didn't want to be.
"Jamie!" A voice squealed behind me. I could recognize that high pitched sound anywhere.
My best friend
Rebecca Myers
"Oh my gosh why are you still here?"
"Waiting for Steven for the fifth time this week" I joked
" You're 17 where's your car?!" She giggled
"Well um I never learned how to drive" as soon as I confessed that her eyes popped out like a cartoon characters'
  " Well missy it's your lucky day to ride the Rebecca mobile"she cheered catching ahold of my arm. Typical Becca she could make a fool of herself and still be labeled as the hottest senior girl at Parker high. I don't know if it was the way her unnatural red hair flowed or her million dollar makeup she applied on every morning but whatever it was guys came to her like she was the last glass of cold water on the sun.
  "Thanks Becca" I said sweetly
  "No problem" she squealed " I actually had something really really important to show you" she said opening the car doors. I watched from the passenger seat as she pulled out her phone and typed in a url quickly as if her life depended on it . "LOOK!" She yelled "okay so this is a dating website and it's totally perfect"
"Totally ?"
"Totally!" She said flashing the screen towards me " You know how you're always talking about your future prince" she air quoted " well problem solved I found the solution!" She handed the phone to me "I already made you account" she smiles proudly
  I could feel my mouth gaping open a dating site! How pathetic was that ?! This hit me like a slap in the face I could get a guy I mean I could actually get a living guy if I tried...
Okay who am I kidding? What's the worst that can happen
"uhm thanks" I said looking at it
  "I can't wait for him to sweep you off your feet or some crap like that" she laughed turning on the radio to a catchy overplayed pop tune and started the car.
   Honestly speaking Becca was my only friend we literally grew up together since the second grade and I never regretted it. As we got older it was as if she got prettier while I stayed... Well  let's just say average . We never had moments like this anymore where we'd scream at the top of our lungs to Justin Timberlake's old songs. Since we became freshmen boys began to worship her so I sorta fell out of the mix. We hang out almost once a month but other than that I was the school's official loner.
***
As we pulled up to my drive way Becca smiles at me a little too creepily
  "Trust me you'll find mister right he's probably hiding online. Oh yeah! I'll text you the info for your log in later"
   "Thanks Becca" I smiled
   "Chow" she waved as I got out. Watching Becca travel back towards the other side of town I just wished I could be almost as lucky as her.