{7}

It felt like a dream.

I don't remember struggling or even screaming whoever took me probably had a way with calming me down. One of his hands placed firmly over my mouth to keep me from screaming as he did his best to keep my eyes away from his face. He sat on the edge of my bed embracing me as if that was one of the most romantic things in the world.

"I know I'm late don't hassle me I pay the bills here" My mom said from downstairs. He panicked quickly but quietly getting duct tape that probably sat in his pockets for hours he pulled the tape and wrapped it over my tape and arms. He opened the window holding me close to him and jumped.

***

He brought me forcefully to the car that was parked across from my house. He carefully placed me in the back seat making sure to pull the duct tape on my mouth softly. He shut the door by me then took command of the car in the front seat.

" I hope I didn't scare you too much Jamie" Cole's voice rang in my ears which sounded a little deeper than usual.

" Cole what the hell are you doing!?" I said trying to sit up

" I thought this was a little romantic" he said I could hear the humor in his voice

"You do realize this is kidnapping right?"

"It's not illegal if you don't mind it" He said starting the car and driving off

" Well I do"

" you know you're really hard to impress sweetheart"

" I want to go home" I said as sternly as I could and without answering my request he turned up the volume to the radio driving a little faster. I kicked his seat but it didn't phase him at all. I didn't want to mentally admit it but Steven was scary right. I also don't want to admit the fact that I missed him well in the sense of him keeping me safe. All the thoughts hit me at once like a heavy powered punch to my head all the emotions poured out and I couldn't help the tears falling down my cheeks.

The car came to a sudden halt as Cole got out of the car and to the side door where I was.

"Jamie what's wrong" he said softly

" I want to go home"

" Jamie don't worry we're almost there" he smiled with that lopsided grin that made it seem like nothing was wrong. He untied my hands and led me to the front seat where he opened the door classically but put on my seatbelt as if I was a child . To everyone else through our front windshield we looked like a happy couple who was out past their curfew the way Cole sang to the words that played through the radio made it seem like nothing at all was wrong.

" Do you see that hill in the distance?" he whispered as if it were a secrete I nodded knowing he could kill me at anytime. " You're gonna love it up there" Smiling he sang the next lyrics to one of his favorite songs.

***

We pulled up to a dirt road as if protocol Cole turned off the headlights and got out of the car. I knew I had to look at all my surroundings but all I could see for miles were dark trees that swayed to the wind. Cole quickly came to the car grabbing my hand like an old married man "had to make sure the gate was open"

He pulled the car in. listened to the gate automatically close which shut out any positive thoughts.

"Should I carry you inside like two newlyweds?" He joked

" That's okay I'd rather walk" I could feel my voice tightening up. Cole took off his seat belt and got out of the car crossing the front of it to make sure I wouldn't run honestly I wouldn't know where I'd go . He opened my door as I took off my seat belts maybe this was dream but I knew this was too real.

"Wait before we go inside I bought you something" I felt my eyebrows arching up something for me? this felt like an insult for someone who gets taken from home. He took a couple of steps from his car searching his pockets. That's when all of a sudden he pulled out a box that an engagement ring would sit in but he couldn't be that crazy. " Don't take this the wrong way but" that's also when he got on one knee he was definitely that crazy.

" I can't marry you " I could feel my cheeks burning

" what!? Ha no it's just a promise ring"

"um promising what"

" That you have my heart silly" Without giving me another option he shoved the ring onto my left ring finger." Doesn't that make things official?" He smiled kissing my cheek which felt like empty poison. "Let's go inside Jamie"