Chapter 29

A/N: This book MAY be coming to an end soon. Not TOO soon there's A LOT more chapters. I will make more sequels of course. I'M SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG PLS DON'T HATE ME. Can you also read, and comment on my new book 'Jane?' PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

"Cassie I don't know what you want me to say. I don't know if you want me....," I trailed off, looking down, my voice cracking, "If...you want me at all, but I'm here anyways. I'll always be be here for you."

Her eyes fluttered shut, and a tear rolled down her cheek, falling gently into one of her blonde curls. She had the power right here to crush my heart, or to give me a reason to live again. She had the power in her hands and she opened her  mouth and said, "I don't want you."

*

Tears pooled down my eyes as I shoved clothes desperately into my bag. Kyle ran after me as I tried to shove countless of items into my car. I heaved, and pressed my face into the cool metal of the car door, trying desperately to slow down the rate of my heart, or to stop it forever.

"Alex, please don't go." Kyle tugged on the ends of my sleeve, his green eyes glistening with tears.

I laughed humorlessly, tears falling into my mouth as I stared at him. "Don't you get it? After two years of suffering, I finally let someone in....my life, and I," I fell apart aimlessly, my body leaning against the car, as I struggled to keep it together, "I don't know if I fucked it up, or if Cassie is being a bitch, but it's over now."

"Cassie is being a bitch! She's not the same anymore, and she needs you," Kyle tugged harder, pulling me away from the car.

I pushed him away," No! She needs to be away from me, and that's why I'm going back to Virginia."

He stared at me, tears falling freely, "B-But when are you coming back?"

I sighed, and pulled him close, "You need to stay with her. She needs someone adorable and funny like you in her life. We'll still be friends, Kyle, I'll make sure of it."

"How can I be friends with someone who hurt you like that?"

"Kyle--

"No, I'm coming with you!" Kyle yelled, "I can't do it Alex, James will eventually catch up with all of us, no matter where we go."

"Kyle, no. You can't just...leave. You've got Nashton, and Cassie. What about Seth, huh? He freaking loves you, man. You're gonna grow up, and get married, and have lots and lots of adopted Kyle's running around. You won't even remember me."

"How can you say that?"

"Because I'm not coming back," I said, hopping into the car, and driving away.

Cassie's Point of View

Alex was like a caged bird waiting to be set free. I was the worm who he was trying to protect, and James was the lion. 

Why stay with the worm, risk being eaten by the lion, when you could fly anywhere?

Maybe because he loves me.

I stood up from the hospital bed, and zipped on my jacket. I needed to talk to him, and clear something out before we were officially over. When I told him I didn't want him, it didn't mean I didn't need him. 

Because I do need him.

I walked down the hallway of the hospital, looking for where the visitors usually waited.

He's supposed to be there.

I spotted Nashton, and ran to him, "Nashton!"

He jerked in surprise, and grinned, pulling me into a big hug, "Shit, Cassie, you scared the hell out of me!"

I forced a smile, and looked around, "Where's Kyle? And um...where's Alex?"

His grin widened, and he stared up at me with dark brown eyes, "Didn't you hear? He finally left after you turned him down for the billionth time. He was in quite the hurry. Kyle tried to stop him but he just...took off."

He left.

I'm going to throw up.

Panic fills my eyes as Nashton sighs, "I'm so glad you told im how you really felt. Now I finally have the guts to do this."

And then he kisses me

A/N: OH MY LORD THE DRAMA I CANT HANDLE IT ANYMORE WTF CASSIE U BITCH