Chapter 30

GUYS IM SORRY BUT THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER

8 Months Later

"Dream of happy things," I sang quietly, my head resting against Lindsey's belly. "O' child, dream of happy things. The world is very harsh, are you prepared for what it brings?" I closed my eyes, and pressed a kiss against her soft skin. "Rainbows, and flowers, those beautiful things," I took a deep breath, "Colors, and angels, who spread out their wings."

Lindsey's hand reached towards the back of my head, and she stroked my hair listening quietly. "Keep fighting, o'love, don't ever give up," I trembled lightly, "Be careful o'love, the world is corrupt."

"Don't you worry, angels watch you above," I took a deep breath

Lindsey's fingers ran through my hair, pulling on the strands softly.

"The world may be sick, but there's something called love."

Her hands ran down my face, pressing against my tear-streak cheeks. "Alex," she whispered softly in concern. I hid my face into her stomach, breathing loudly.

"Karen used to sing that to me when I was a kid," I forced myself to say.

"Did she make it up?"

"Yeah," I closed my eyes.

"It's a pretty sad song," she chuckled.

"Not really, I mean it's realistic, but kind of lullaby-ish." I smiled.

"Well that's going to give me nightmares for the rest of my life," she laughed, the sound drawing me out of my depressing thoughts. I cracked a smile, and nodded, "Well, you're just very easily scared."

"I guess. You know, you're an amazing singer."

I lifted off of her and rolled my eyes, "Now you're just sweet-talking me."

She laughed, "No, really, you kind of sound like...someone who should be in a rock band."

"I should kill you for that."

She smiled, and pulled on my collar, pushing me towards her, "Okay, maybe I'm sweet-talking just a little."

I laughed, my breath fanning against her lips. She stayed silent, her blue eyes watching me intensively as I shifted slowly. Her arms were suddenly around my neck, her eyes asking softly. I haven't showed any form of affection to another girl in a long time, and I didn't want to lead Lindsey on. I took a deep breath to steady myself, before placing my hands on her shoulders to push gently.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as the grip around my neck loosened. She smiled faintly, but I could tell by the look on her face that she was disappointed.

That's all I do, isn't it? Disappoint people.

"Do you want me to leave?"

She laughed humorlessly, "What's the point?"

"I have other places I can go. I don't want you to think that there's something else going on here."

She turned to stare at me, "You know, you're really full of crap, Alex."

Goddamn pregnancy mood swings.

"Oh yeah? Please elaborate."

"I don't want to lead you on blah blah blah all this shit, kissing my belly, singing fucking love songs—

"It wasn't a love song—"

"Shut up," she cut me off, "Stop using this excuse as to why you don't want to go out with me. Just admit it. You're nineteen years old for god's sake, stop acting like a little boy!"

I paced angrily, staring down at her, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

She turned around angrily, "Are you that fucking oblivious or do you just think I'm stupid? You stayed with me for eight months! Eight months and you haven't even tried kissed me."

I ran my hands over my face, "Is that what this is about? Some fucking crush? I thought that when I decided to stay here, we agreed that I wasn't looking for another relationship."

"WHY?!" she screamed startling me, "Tell me why!"

"I don't fucking know why!"

She laughed, stepping right in front of my face, and I glowered at her.

"You're still in love with her," she whispered softly.