Meeting the Little guy

No one's pov~

Woken up by his silent vibrating alarm, Monk gets up slowly from his spot on the bed. He quietly goes and takes a shower so he can get ready for the meeting. Mai and the baby were still sleeping peacefully not woken up by the vibrations of the alarm. Monk finished showering and went out the bathroom to look for some clothes Mai keeps for him in her house. Before he gets his clothes, Monk gently wakes Mai up.

"Mmmm....," Mai slowly opens her eyes. "Hey you better get ready or you'll be late," Monk whispered to the sleepy Mai. "Hai," was all she said as she got up from the bed slowly and went to take a nice warm shower. Monk just watched the sleepy Mai go as he remembered what happened yesterday.

~Flashback~

"Hello?" Monk answered the phone call. "Is this Houshou Takigawa? It's me Oliver Davis," the voice said which shocked Monk. "Y-yes, it's me," Monk said still shocked. "I'm back from England. I'm actually opening up SPR again. I would like to talk to you and the rest about working with Lin and I again," Naru says. Monk looked at Mai without realising, "Oh, ummm... Sure." "Can you come to the office tomorrow at 12pm?" Naru asked Monk as he looked away. "Yea I can," He replied.

"Good. By the way do you have contact with Mai?" Naru asked which made Monk look at her again. "Yea. Why?" Monk already knew why he asked. "How is she? Do you think you could give me her number so I can personally ask her to become my assistant again?" Naru asked. Monk made eye contact with Mai as he asked that which Monk quickly looked away. "She's good. I think you shouldn't search for her. It would be best to leave her be," Monk said. "Are you telling me to not look for Mai? What are you her boyfriend? I don't care what you say. I'm asking the others for her number. If they don't let me have her number then I'll look for her myself. See you tomorrow Takigawa," Naru hung up.

~

*ding ding ding*

Mai got a text from Yasu saying he had a meeting at 12:00pm and asked if she could cover for him since nobody else can fill in for him. Of course Mai being his boss and best friend agreed to fill in for him as the manager at 12:00 until the end of his shift.

"It seems like I'll be working during my Maternity leave. Oh well. I should look for a Babysitter," Mai said out loud. "Or I could take him with me to the meeting?" Monk suggested as he put an arm around Mai. "I don't want the baby to interfere with the meeting," Mai said as she looked at him. "It's fine. I could just say that my friend couldn't find a babysitter so I volunteered to watch over him," Monk said. Mai wasn't sure about it but with a little convincing she agreed to it.

~Flashback ends~

Mai and Monk finished getting ready, they ate something before they left the house. Monk drove Mai to her to work before heading out to SPR. "Bye Monk. Thanks for taking care of him for today," Mai said as she got off. "No problem. I'll pick you up when you get off," Monk said. Mai smiled at him and nodded as she closed the door. She waved goodbye as Monk heads to SPR.

~

Monk arrived at SPR with his little man in the car seat. Once he went in, he saw he was the last one to get there.

Monk's PoV~

"Hey guys," I greeted everyone as I went to the group of people sitting in the lounge area. "Hey Monk," the group greeted me walking past them. I went and sat down on the only seat available. I put down the baby in front of me gently and put the baby bag on the floor next to me. "Why did you bring a baby here?" Naru asked harshly. He probably still has a grudge for what I said yesterday. "My friend couldn't find a babysitter so they asked me for a favour," I replied getting him out of the car seat. "Oooo~! Can I carry him?" Ayako asked with heart shaped eyes. "Sure," I said as I put him in her arms. "He sure has grown since the last time I've seen him," Ayako said as everyone kept staring at the baby.

Naru clears his voice in annoyance, "If we're done getting distracted by that baby, I'd like to get started." Everyone nodded as Naru continued, "It seems that our client has been experiencing paranormal activity in her house near a lake. The client's husband has been acting unusual from going to the lake at night to being found on the rooftop. She has been touch and scratched as well as her children. The boy, age 5, has been heard talking with his "imaginary friend" Toby. It seems that this Toby doesn't like the boy's family especially the 7 year old girl. The 7 year old girl has been pushed, scratched, slammed into a wall, and bruised. I'd like to go as soon as possible and I'd like your help."

Naru certainly changed a lot, he looks a bit more like a normal guy. Even his voice seemed to have changed. "I think I could go next week," John spoke up first. "I'd have to ask my boss," Yasu said as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I could probably go next week too," Masako said looking at her schedule on her phone. "I'd have to talk to my boss about it too," I said even though I'm really talking about Mai. "I could get out next week if I'm lucky," Ayako said playing with the baby. "Okay then we'll all try to go next week. Just update me on whose going next week or if you need to get there late," Naru said as we nodded.

"One more thing. Can someone give me Mai's number," Naru said it. Everyone froze up then looked at each other. "I'm sorry but it's better for her if you don't contact her at all," John said politely. Naru got angry, "Explain to me, why none of you would give me her number?" Everyone looked at each other again but this time I spoke, "Well you see, she is a very busy woman. Plus she wouldn't want to come back to SPR at all after everything you did." Naru stayed silent, Lin couldn't believe I said that by his expression.

"Well I got to go. I have to pick up my friend from work," I said as I grabbed the baby from Ayako and placed him in his car seat. After grabbing the baby bag, I left with the baby without saying goodbye. Everyone knows not to tell him about Mai at all. She was in a dark place after what he did to her. A heartbreak can make someone so vulnerable.

"Just so you know, you're not a mistake. You're more like a lifesaver," I said to the baby as I put the seat belt in the holes of the car seat. I closed the door and went into the drivers seat. "Your mother loves you so much. I wished that dead beat father and Naru would leave you two alone," I said as I started driving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry it took long! I really need help on naming the baby~! Either Private message me your ideas or comment. Well until next time bye my roses~<3