Chapter 3

Hannah's POV

I walk onto the school's campus with a raging fire growing by the second inside me. How could he? How dare he even cheat on me with a slut he didn't even know. I couldn't believe anything that Natalie had told me. Why? What did I ever do to Vic?

"You did go behind his back once..." Natalie had reminded me as we had walked from the coffeehouse and through the parking lot a few minutes ago. "You know," She said. "With Daemon?"

"Yeah but he never found out about that. It was a secret. But this,"  I explain. "This is like he's purposely trying to wave her around in front of my face... To make me jealous."

There were only three people who knew about that. Natalie, Daemon, and I. Vic just wasn't useful anymore. "All of my boyfriends are like new shiny toys. But eventually, I'm gonna get sick of one toy after playing with it for so long." I told Natalie. Natalie was probably the only girl I told my personal information to and actually trusted. "Vic is getting old. So I need a new one, being Daemon."

I reach the nurse's office and pull open the door. She looks up from her desk and smiles at me. "Hi, how may I help you?" she asks in a calm tone.

Digusting. I think. But I need to play nice in order to get what I need.

I fake smile back at her. "Hi I was wondering if there were two people here yesterday?" I ask batting my eye lashes. She lets out a sigh. "Honey, I get a lot of people coming in and out of here everyday. Could you be more specific? Like a name maybe?" She raises a skeptical looking eyebrow at me.

"Oh I don't know her name. But she's the new girl," I say, nodding my head. "And I need to know her name."

She gives me a strange look. "Sorry but that's her own information and I refuse to give it to you because there is no reason that you should want to know it. I can tell you're up to no good, Missy."

I scowl at her. "I knew that you might say something like that. So I'll make you an offer." I reach into my pocket and pull out a twenty dollar bill and place it on her desk in front of her. "Take it or leave it." I shrug my shoulders and place my hands on my hips. "It's up to you."

She stares at the money, hypnotized. Obviously she didn't get paid much since I could bribe her into anything as long as I had my regular allowance in my pocket. She looks down ashamed of what she was about to do. "Taylor Smith. Long brown hair and grey eyes." The nurse takes the money and stuffs it in her pocket.

"Thank you," I say smiling. "My business here is done." With that I turn and walk out the door.

All I had to do was find this Taylor girl and my plan would unwravel itself from there. Brown hair, grey eyes.

Suddenly I catch her with my keen sensability. Walking up to her, I look at her hair in astonishment. "Oh my god!" I gasp, pretending to be absolutely amazed. "Your hair, is so pretty!" She glances up to whoever had been talking to her and takes her attention away from her locker and places it on me.

"Uh..." she looks at me, her face completely drained of color. I was she so pale? "Thanks?" she mutters almost asking me instead of telling. "You're the new girl, right? Taylor?" I bat my eyelashes trying to act enthusiastic about someone I had no intention of ever liking.

"Yeah," She says quietly. "That's me."

"Is this skank bothering you?" I hear another say. We both turn and face the short girl with teal hair who butted into our small chat.