Chapter 24

"Y - you love me?" Vic's voice becomes all high at the end of the sentence and I begin to second-guess myself whether or not it had been a good idea to tell him in the first place.  His eyes are wide but for some reason, I could not tell what exactly was going through his mind as of now. Did he like me? Did he think I was crazy? What is it?

"-Vic... if you don't like me back it's fine, I guess I'll just-" As I begin to stand up, Vic places his hand on top of mine, but his mind is still jumbled with many thoughts as he continues to stare foward. Vic stands up and finally faces me. His mouth is parted by a small smile and he slowly leans his face closer into mine. Is he going to...? My thoughts are racing back and forth to the promise I had made to myself a while ago on our first date; whatever you do, do not fall for Vic because it will totally screw up your perfect friendship. 

Whoops. His lips brush against mine and his hands are placed gently against my back. There was something so innocently, sweet about that kiss and I feel empty once again as he pulls away from me and looks at me with compassionate, brown eyes. "Taylor Smith, will you be my girlfriend?" Vic asks as he holds my hand in his.

"Of course I will." I speak quietly as I collapse into Vic's body as he wraps his long arms around my waist. I smile to myself as I lean my head against his chest. Risking everything was so worth it. I think with no more regrets.

"Well, well, well." I hear the voice of Mike break through our comfortable silence. I lift my head up and smile at him. "Hey Tony, look at these two lovebirds. Sweetly, disgusting isn't it?" Mike calls him over and Tony throws me a surprised look but smiles and nods.

"Speaking of lovebirds, where has Jaime and Cassidy been around all night? I haven't seen them at all." I say as I turn around and face them, Vic still guarding me with his arms not willing to let me go.

"Jaime told me yesterday that they had gotten into a fight." Tony responds with a confused look on his face. I look up at Vic and he shrugs his shoulders unaware of anything that had happened between the two.

"Really? Okay so then Cassidy didn't come but...where's Jaime been hanging around all night? Did he even come?" Vic adds himself into our conversation, finally releasing me from his tight grip around my waist. Everyone turns their heads looking at one another for an answer to Jaime's whereabouts.

"Should we stop by his house or something? Just to see if he's okay?" I suggest and everybody agrees on that as we make our way to Vic's car and pile in to see if Jaime was alright by himself and not doing something stupid that he was going to regret. As Vic continues to drive, I glance over to Tony and lightly tap him on the shoulder. "Tony?" I ask in a low voice so Mike and Vic couldn't hear me.

"Hm?" Tony replies as he looks over to me.

"Please tell Bree, it's totally worth it." I watch as Tony pulls his mouth to the side in deep thought. Just when I thought that he would ultimately turn me down and say that he would never do such a crazy thing, he does the unthinkable.

"Okay, I guess it's only fair that since you told Vic... I should have to tell Bree." I can tell that he was very nervous about the whole situation.

It was a very frightning thing to tell someone how you honestly felt towards them, but sometimes it seems as if you have no other choice. It's either tell them and lose something you loved dearly or gain something in the process of it all. I was pretty positive that Tony would gain something.

I could tell, even if Bree couldn't, that there was something deep inside her that was pulling her closer to Tony. Those two are like the ocean and the moon; the moon is Tony and he is constantly pulling the waves (Bree) toward him. But after each time, the waves recede again and the process starts over once again.