Project #3

I sat, my legs crossed, in the soft red chairs. My elegant silver dress draping to the floor. A chill went up my spine as they announced the award that I was nominated for. My leg bounced in anticipation as I chewed my thumb nervously.

"And the nominees for best artist are Taurus, Aquarius and Pisces!" The camera zoomed in on all three of us, waving at the camera I tried to disguise my nervousness with excitement.
I never honestly liked these award shows but Aries always hosted these because she thought everyone deserves to be praised for their great talents. It was nice, and getting all pretty and glamorous was fun but the attention and going up on stage and going mad at who won what was kind of driving me crazy. Aquarius and Taurus were great artist, Taurus with her obsession with drawing landscapes and Aqua with fantasy was unrealistic and perfect I was surprised I was even nominated. One of my best paintings were up there, the one of the city skyline. Aquarius painting of water ripples and snowflakes was up and beyond, and Taurus "Gate of Animals" as she called was a huge wave of animals put together into this one big whoosh. I couldn't compete.

"And the winner of best artist of the year is..." Aries, the hostesses said into the microphone building up the anticipation. "Pisces!"
The cheering and yelling and clapping almost made me deaf but my name still rang in my ears. I won? I won! Getting up I hugged Taurus and Aquarius, walking up to the stage I was still in shock.

"Congrats Pisces." Aries said handing me the trophy. Stepping aside she let me take the mic. I faced the crowd and tried my best not to look as shocked and nervous as I was.

"I didn't think I would win." Were the first words I let out of my mouth. Everyone laughed causing me to blush. "If Aries had told me, 5 minutes before the show I'd won, I still wouldn't believe it. I'm hardly believing it now. Aries, thank you a lot. Aquarius and Taurus your art was beautiful and I didn't even think I stood a chance. Everyone who told me I would, well thank you for believing in me. And most importantly I'd like to thank the city, the city I drew, if it weren't there for me to draw it and turn into this amazing piece I probably wouldn't be standing here giving this speech. It was on of my many inspirations and one of my many supporters. A lot of people supported me with my art but the city has got to be my #1. It probably doesn't make sense and I might sound crazy but this city has got to be my favorite place in the whole world. It's my support and my home. Thank you."

"That was great Pisces." Aries said coming to my side. "Your piece was amazing and original, highlighting the most beautiful and extraordinary parts of the skyline but, we must move on. Would you like to help me announce the next category?" She asked. Smiling, I introduced the next category.

"Next category is best leader. Aries you better take your seat for this one." I joked sending her to sit.

"But I'm the hostess!" She said.

"Don't care. Sit down." I commanded. "Now, the nominees are, Leo, Aries and Scorpio!" The camera zoomed in on them, Leo was excited, Aries seemed annoyed but had a smile and Scorpio was still not smiling, not believing he was even in this category.

"And the winner is... Aries!" I shouted reading her name. Jumping off her seat she marched up the stage and moved me to the side with a glare.
Looking back at the audience she smiled.

"Thank you my small friend." She said. "Hey Scorpi!" She shouted the camera going to him. "Told you I'd win at least one category."

"Yeah whatever." He grumbled. I chuckled at the two. They're like brother and sister. Well they are.

"Ok, back to this. Thank you for the award, even though I do boss everyone around a lot when I'm the leader, and get mad easily. Sorry. I really didn't expect this. You guys always make fun of my leadership position and how I sometimes abuse my power." She said putting quotes around 'abuse my power' "I really do appreciate winning, even if I didn't I'm happy I was nominated, you guys are the best and I love you guys, a lot. Even if I don't show it much."
After her speech everyone cheered and clapped, while I walked back to my seat in between Scorpio and Cancer.

"Congrats." Cancer said hugging me.

"Thanks, Cancer hope you win one of your categories."

"Thanks." She smiled going back to whatever category Aries was introducing.

"Hey Scorpi." I whispered.

"Yeah?" He said. Stilling focusing on Aries.

"I hope you win, most devious."

He scoffed. "Of course I will." He said cockily.

"You also have a major ego."

"Like you don't." He argued back.

"Shut up and watch the show."

----

@NovaSwift