Chapter Nine

"Mom!" Renesmee whined.

"No 'mom!', you're going to school." I copied her tone playfully as I picked out her favorite sweater.

"Fine. I just wanted to see dad." She pouted and I paused for a brief second.

"You do realize he still goes to the same school as you, right?" I laughed.

She instantly perked up "Oh! I had completely forgotten!" She laughed and headed to the bathroom to change just as Edward Jr was coming in from his shower.

"Hey mom, can I talk to you for a minuet?" He asked sitting on his bed to tie his shoes.

"Of course sweetheart." I smiled and sat next to him. After he was done tying his shoes he grasped my hands in his tightly.

"Are you okay?" He asked, calmly and quietly so Renesmee wouldn't hear.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

"Are you really?" He sighed, looking at me with those bright green eyes that I fell in love with when he and Ren were born.

"No, but I will be. I'm happy you and Renesmee are so happy, but it's painful to have the Cullens around again. I'll live. Don't worry about me, get to know your family." I kissed his cheek and he broke out in a silly grin.

"I understand now how you fell in love with them. They're really amazing." He smiled to himself.

"Yeah...they are." I smiled and couldn't help but let my mind wander to all those precious memories of the Cullens. The pain didn't hurt so much with my sweet son holding my hands and smiling so brightly.

"Hey, come on slow poke, let's get to school. Dads going to show us those old pictures today!" Renesmee practically pulled her brother out of the house and I laughed quietly to myself.

I did a few things around the house and finally settled into a chair and picked up a good book.

My phone starts ringing and I quickly pull it out, thinking it's one of the kids.

"Bella? Hi, it's Esme. I hope you don't mind that I got your number from Ren. Carlisle is off of work today and we were wondering if you would like to come spend time with us? We hate to think about you being all alone while the kids are in school." Esme chirped.

Go spend the day with the leaders of the Cullen Coven? The two people who treated me like a daughter to them but so easily left me...twice. Then again, Esme and Carlisle both have seemed so upset by this whole situation.

"Sure Esme, I'll be right over, just let me change." I smiled to myself.

"Oh!" She sounded surprised. "That's wonderful! See you soon Bella!"

I smiled all through my shower. I got dressed in a simple black sweater and black jeans with some cute ankle boots. I'll just be around Carlisle and Esme anyway.

I decided to actually drive there, instead of showing up in muddy shoes like the past few times.

As I arrived the front door opened and Esme came skipping out to meet me.

"Bella!" She smiled so brightly, I knew she was truly happy to see me.

"Hi Esme." I smiled in return.

"We're so glad you came! Come on in, Carlisle and I are so happy to get time alone with you." She spoke so sincerely I felt my throat tighten.

"Me too." I smiled and she visibly melted.

*******************

"I'll get it." Carlisle smiled and went to answer the door.

He, Esme, and myself have been talking for the last three hours. I have to admit, it's been really nice.

"Eleazer!" Carlisle laughed in delight and I smiled to myself.

"Where are my twins?" Carmen came into the room with a mischievous look on her face.

"School! I promise!" I threw my hands up in surrender and went to hug her tightly.

"Oh, you'll have to do for now sweet Bella. I've so missed sweet little Renesmee and EJ." She sighed.

"They've missed you all too." I smiled at her and she perked up.

"Where are they?" Kate practically ran into the room and threw herself into my arms.

"They are at school! A good mother sends her children to school!" I laughed and she hugged my neck tightly and kissed my cheek.

"Sorry Bella! I'm just so excited! Do you realize how long it's been since we've seen each other?"

"Um...we video chatted two weeks ago." I responded a little confused.

"But I haven't seen you or the twins in person in over a year!" She whined and Carmen put a warning hand on her shoulder.

"Oh...that's right. I'm sorry, I guess I've been a little preoccupied lately. With Renesmees blindness and EJ's gift, things have been a little hectic." I apologized.

"I'm sure you will all be happy to know Renesmee is no longer blind." Carlisle smiled coming into the room with Eleazer, who looked at him in shock for a moment, before rushing toward me.

I practically jumped into Eleazers arms, laughing and smiling like crazy. Eleazer and I became very close during my pregnancy and is easily my best friend.

"Oh! Bella!" He cried in delight and spun me around. "How wonderful it is to see you too!" He laughed.

"Hi Bella." Tanya smiled and pulled me into a nice little hug.

Tanya hates me. She has had a crush on Edward since they first met. She never understood why Edward always avoided her, she actually thinks he just plays hard to get. But when she heard he was marrying a human, she freaked. She even threatened to not go to the wedding, but, Eleazer convinced her to do otherwise. When she found out I was pregnant, with Edwards child(ren), she completely lost it. I never saw her once during my pregnancy. She assisted Eleazer with the delivery and after that never let the twins out of her sight. She actually told me once that it was probably best that they didn't look like me, made it easy for Edward if he ever wanted to take them so his new wife could experience motherhood.

Needless to say, that was the day I almost killed Tanya.

"Tanya, it's so nice to see you." I smiled at her as though I didn't want to rip out her throat.

"So Bella, how is everything going here?" She smiled.

"Wonderful."

"Really, have you and Edward reconciled so quickly?" She asked and suddenly I knew exactly what she was up too.

"Don't touch him." I snarled and stepped forward.

At that time the front doors burst open and the kids came in laughing with Edward. They looked like a picture perfect family and it sent a stab of envy through me that I couldn't laugh like that with them.

"Aunt Tanya!" The twins cried in delight and rushed to give her a hug, they then realized the rest of the family was there and started hugging and talking excitedly with them.

"Tanya?" Edward questioned and sneered his nose slightly in a gesture I recognized immediately.

"Edward!" She cried in delight and rushed toward him.

He twisted out of her path and expertly folded himself to stand right behind me. I looked at him over my shoulder for just a moment.

He was regarding Tanya with cold calculating eyes, almost daring her to do something.

"Edward! I'm shocked! Where is your hospitality?"

"I'm afraid I've never been much of a host." His voice was just as cold as his look.

Does Edward hate Tanya just as much as I do? Maybe more? I at least pretend to be nice to her but Edward...Edward just regards her with total loathing.

Edward and I actually have a mutual enemy.

We still have something in common.