Chapter 1

Anijah in the media.
Anijah POV
"STOP PLAYING!!" My older brother, Antonio, yelled at my father as he chased him around the living room with the belt. He left me at the school and went with his friends, God knows where. I had to walk home by myself in the rain.

Antonio ran out the door trying to get away from him. I believe our dad is the only person Antonio is really scared of. He ended up running down the street and finally my dad caught him. He started beating him with the belt. Antonio was screaming all loud and shit. Causing a scene.

"Next time he leave you, just call me." Daddy said as he came back into the house breathing heavy. He kissed me on the forehead. I nodded and ran upstairs to take a shower. I was soaked.

I locked my door and went over to the window. I looked out and seen Antonio walking up the driveway. He look mad. I should go downstairs and laugh in his face but I'm not going to though, ion want to get hit.

I pulled out a sports bra and some basketball shorts. I turned the shower on and waited for it to get foggy in the bathroom before getting in.

After a 15 min shower, I got out and put lotion on my body. I put on my clothes then went to unlock the door. My father had this "keep the doors unlock unless you paying these bills" policy.

I hopped in the bed and started scrolling through Instagram. My door opened and my brother came in with no shirt and some sweatpants. I rolled my eyes. I'm not talking to him until I hear his apology. He sat on the bed next to me and just stared at me. I acted as if he wasn't sitting there while I was on my phone. He snatched my phone and put it in his pants.

I glared in his direction and he laughed. I didn't find shit funny. I punched him in his chest making him fall off the bed but grabbing my leg in the process bringing me down with him. I fell on top of him and he pushed me off.

"You don't wanna talk to me?? Soo what I left you?? You in yooo feelings?" He asked smirking. This is why I can't stand his ass. I rolled my eyes and stood up walking towards the dresser. I grabbed my comb and popped his ass in the forehead then in the neck. He tried to grab my hands. I took the teeth part of the comb and rubbed it against the side on his face. I could tell he was getting mad which mean I have accomplished. I then slap the fuck outta him and ran out my room.

I ran towards my father room knowing he wouldn't hit me in there. He came in right after me looking mad as ever. I got into the bed with my daddy and hugged him tight as Antonio walked over. I was laughing my ass off.

"You better not hit her." My daddy said not taking his eyes off the TV as he threw his arm over my shoulder.

"Daddy isn't always going to be there to save you." He said with a smirk walking out the room.

"Ight bet" Daddy said to Antonio as he walked out the room shaking his head. I heard his room door slam meaning he mad or whatever. I smiled and laid my head on his chest watching the TV.

"You know you can talk to me when ever your ready." He said playing in my hair. I nodded my head keeping quite. I didn't talk much after my mother died. She died when I was 13. She got shot in the chest and the bullet pierced her heart.

When people bring her up, it just hits a nerve and I start going crazy. I start to break stuff and fight who ever in the way. I feel bad about what happened because before she died, we got into a argument. She had asked me "what would I have done if she was gone by tomorrow?". The last words I said to her was "I really don't give a fuck".

I was mad at her because she use to beat on me when my father and brother was away doing business. She had bad anger issues and she took it out on me. I would always hide the scars. Nobody knows till this day that she use to abuse me. She told me not to tell nobody and that she was sorry so I always kept it to myself. My mother told my father about the argument but didn't tell him about the abusive part. Nobody knows why I act the way I do.

One afternoon after school, Antonio and I was walking to the house when we seen the police was on the porch because knowing my dad, he wasn't going to let them into the house without a search warrant. They had told us that our mother had died. She was caught in a drive by. I was the only one at the funeral who didn't shed a tear and that was the first time I've seen my father cry. I grew cold hearted and mean as fuck to everyone. I remembered the last conversation I've had with her and it still plays in my hard from time to time.

Since that day I haven't said much to anyone unless I was snapping on somebody or I really fell like there is something that needs to be said. I've developed anger issues as well and have to take medicine for it. I have anger management classes every Friday. My father got me seeing some therapist every Saturday. But recently I haven't been going. I get tired of hearing that lady therapist mouth and never went back. I go to my anger management classes when I feel it.

Antonio POV
I'm in my room on FaceTime with some thot who was stripping in front of the camera. I remember when I first met this girl she was quite. It's always the quite ones. She turned around showing the back of her naked body and started twerking. I took this time to screenshot her ass. Just in case she wanted to try a nigga, I was going to expose her ass. I clicked the home button and lock button to screenshot and then added them screenshots to the "Exposed" album. You don't even know how many pictures I got in here.

"Why you got me on pause?" She asked. I clicked back on the chat and seen her covered in the blankets that was on her bed.

"I just got a text." I said lying to her face.

"Who texted you?" She asked with an attitude. I shook my head. We not even together.

"We not in a relationship. Why you stressing?" I said clicking the home button again not paying her ass no attention. Shit, she called me.

"Fuck you then" she said hanging up. I really don't give a fuck. I called my girlfriend, putting the phone to my ear. I felt something vibrate in my pants. Then I remembered I had Anijah phone in there. I pulled it out and some random nigga named, Joshua, popped up on the screen. I mugged the phone as if he could see me. I got up and walked towards my father room. They both was sleep cuddled up.

"Anijah some nigga named Joshua just texted you." I said. She mugged me getting out the bed. She snatched the phone away from me and bumped into me on the way to her room. This why I can't stand her ass.