Chapter Nine

"Are you sure we don't need to go back to the Trainer's school?" Jack teased me.

I raised my eyebrow, "Are you asking me that? You sure you don't need to go back?"

Jack feigned offense, "You may be the genius, but my Pokemon can still whoop your Pokemon all the way back to whatever it's called your from!"

"That would've been so much cooler if you actually remembered my town's name. Nuvema. Where are you from?"

"Unlike you phesants, I came from Anville Town." Toma said with an air of superiority.

"Uh.. I came from Anville Town too, sis. Whether you acknowledge it or not, I'm your brother... If I'm a phesant, you're one too." Jack said flatly.

"Anville Town? Isn't that a little isolated town in the forest? Like in northwest Unova?" Leia said thoughtfully.

"Little? Not really. Compare to your town, it's pretty big. And yeah, you can only get there from subway. Not really isolated though. Traders come every weekend. Hey, use your C-Gear to pull up the map and I'll show you."

I poked a few buttons and a holographic map popped up.

Toma dragged the map along then poked a spot in the middle of a forest. "It's somewhere there."

"Huh? There? Wow." I was the phesant? My town must suck.

Toma shrugged, "It's big enough to be on a town map."

Jack opened his mouth to say something, probably a reminder he was still there, when my watch suddenly started beeping.

I jumped back in surprise, nearly knocking over Toma.

"Wh-what?" I sputtered out.

"Your stupid watch! Someone's probably calling you." Toma said, pushing me off her.

Oh yeah. I cancled the map and when to the phone book. "Oh it's Cheren." I clicked accept call and his face popped up.

"Hey. You in Nacrene yet?"

"Uh, no."

"What? Not yet? What are you doing?-- Ah nevermind, I don't really want to know. Anyways there's gonna be a change. My new gym's actually going to be in Aspertia City. A new city in the southwest region. Bad news though. You're really unlucky. Last person to fight Cilan, first to fight Roxie. The new starter town is Aspertia. Juniper and Fennel are both moving, so your side of town will be just a small town now. To get to Virbank City, you'll have to take ferry from Castelia. So basically you'll have to pass up the third gym, Burgh, and go back later."

"A boat?" I said unsurely.

"What? You have seasickness?" Cheren said, with a hint of mockery in his voice.

"No!-- Well. I don't know. I've never been on a boat."

"Never been--" Cheren got interrupted by Toma squealing, "Ohi, Cheren! It's been so long!" (A few days)

"Uh, Tomato, wait no, Tomano?" Cheren said.

Toma trilled out, "Yup, yup, it's me your little tommy-toes!"

"Uh, Toma, you're really starting to remind me of Juniper. Anyways, Cheren, it's Toma. I'll tell you when I arrived in Virbank."

Jack butted in, "What? Virbank? Isn't that across the ocean?"

"Yeah, anyways see you Cheren." I hung up. Phew it gets confusing talking to three people.

Jack repeated again, "Virbank?"

"Oh yes. Gym Leader Roxie. She's the new second gym leader in Virbank city. They changed the location of the lab to Aspertia City, so all the new trainers will start there. Virbank is close to Aspertia, where Cheren's gym is. We'll take a ferry to Virbank from Castelia. Good?" "Fine with me, but what will happen to the Nuvema-Accumula-Straiton-Nacrene part of Unova?"

I shrugged, "Don't know. Don't care," I said a little harshly.

Toma was practically melting, "Ah~ Cheren is so hot. That geek look is so adorable on him! And we get to visit him~"

"Uhm. Sure." I pulled Toma up and we continued down the route.

Suddenly the grass stirred, and a Blitzle stepped out.

I felt my heart beating quick, as her muscles froze. Its mane crackled with electricity.

I slowly stepped back, bitting my lip to keep from shrieking. I pulled out Pawniard. Oshawott was water, so he'd probably be squished.

Jack and Toma stepped back to give me room. Toma rolling her eyes, telling me to hurry and stop being a wimp.

My hand trembled and when I threw the Pokemon and I mishot and and it bounced of the Blitzle.

The Bliztle turned on me. This time Icouldn't help it and let out a cry.

I scrambled back, tripping over rocks.

The Blitzle charged, but before it got to me, Pawniard lunged forward, raking the Bliztle's hide with it's claws. The Bliztle stumbled and fell.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I turned and saw Jack had drawn his Gallade and Toma her Espeon. They both looked at me with amused glances.

"Wh-what? It's an electric zebra! You would've been scared too!"

"Suuure." They returned they Pokemon and helped me up.

"Though, you've gotta trust your Pokemon more. See? Pawniard protected you. Also..."

"What?" I said irratably.

"You need better aim." I turned and saw Jack and Toma forcing themselves to stop laughing.

"Hey! I-...I...!" Words failed me, but I ended up laughing too.

----

We arrived in Nacrene to tour the musuem, halfway through Jack fell alseep on a bench, so Toma told me to ditch him. We did. It was quite interesting though. We saw the old gym of Lenora and found fossils and meteor peices from Deoxys. We picked up Jack, calling him over the intercom.

"A little lost boy," as Toma put it.

We had lunch at the Cafe Warehouse, and I bought some sodapops for future use.

"Let's just say, this is so much better than Jack's fried eggs in the morning." Toma said, relaxing in the chair.

"Hey! I cook those for you! Don't compain. Besides they're free!" Jack said pushing Toma out of the chair.

I grinned and split the bill with Jack. (Guess who didn't pay? First two guesses don't count.)

We left and headed to Pinwheel Forest. Let's just say, I don't really like forests...

Too many bad memories.

Of him. Of it.