||ten||

C h a p t e r T e n

When I heard Troye knocking the door, you couldn't imagine the amount of hope that bloomed in my chest.

Maybe he was going to stay. Maybe he was going to beg me to stay.

I wiped away the tears and opened the door, keeping a passive look on my face.

He held his hand out as he stared at me blankly, not uttering a single word. He wasn't even blinking.

I blinked at him, expecting him to say something, anything. When he said nothing, I finally spoke. "What is it?" I cursed myself as my voice came out shakily, not wanting to show him that I am breaking down.

He raised and eyebrow, his face still completely emotionless, his eyes dead. "Give me my shirt back. I'm not going home topless."

I widened my eyes when he gestured for me to take my top off. I stood there frozen, unsure of what to do, my limbs suddenly feeling foreign to my body.

Am I just supposed to take the top off? I'm not wearing anything under this.

Deciding that I was not going to take my top- or should I say his top off, I stood there, folding my arms across my chest and furrowing my brows to send him the signal.

He simply sauntered his way to me, not even hesitating slightly when he unfolded my arms from my chest.

I could feel the sound of my racing heart reverberate through my body, pumping blood to every part of my body. I was feeling warm, hot, by the small gesture that Troye did.

I had no idea what he was doing, but he was doing it slowly. Too slowly.

His rough hands skimmed the length of my arm, gently pushing it upward, raising both of my arms in the air.

And then I realized what he was doing.

No, he wasn't coming back to me. He wasn't being intimate with me.

But why does it feel so damn hot?

His eyes burned holes into mine, staring at me with such intensity that made me feel so aware and self-conscious about my face and body. His warm fingers grabbed the hem of my top, brushing against my skin ever so slightly, the contact enough to send shivers down my spine.

Troye slowly lifted the top up, as I felt my skin slowly being exposed. The cold bit my skin as he gently tugged the shirt over my head, pulling it out of my arms. I dropped my arms to my side as I watched him, unable to move or react. His eyes never once left mine throughout the entire situation, and when his eyes broke contact with mine, I knew the moment is over.

This relationship was over.

Troye's eyes left mine as he put his shirt back on quickly, before sparing me one last look.

That felt like it ended all too soon. His eyes raked my body slowly, as if he were savoring the view, taking in every detail, every curve and every mark on my body into his memory. His eyes felt like laser, burning holes through my skin with the amount of intensity he was staring at me with. The weirdest thing was that I didn't feel uncomfortable. I wanted him to look at me the way he is staring at my body forever- as if it were some sort of holy grail.

But I did feel like like I was incapable of doing anything. I stood there frozen, as his eyes finally looked into mine with an expression I couldn't tell. I looked straight into his eyes, savoring the last few moments that we were going to spend together, knowing that this has to come to an end at some point.