Untitled Part 2

My name is Annanya; I have been in a coma for ten years, ten lonely years. You may be wondering how I got into a coma, well it all stared ten years when I was having another fight with my drunkard of mother,

"Come here you little brat" she said, I could smell the stench of alcohol from miles away, she was obviously drunk and I knew when she was drunk, bad things always happens, especially to me.

"Mommy pleases" I pleaded with my little voice, as a fifteen year old it was very hard for me to fight for myself.

"Come here, now!!!"  She shouted, and me knowing my mother's beaten like a horse whip on the back, I tried to run for my dear life, there was really nowhere to run but I still tried to have hope,

"come out, where do you think you're going to" she said, all worn out of chasing me, I could feel my heart beat increase every time I felt her come closer, I was scared, I decided to hide in the closet, I didn't think twice, I was too scared to care I just wanted to be safe, to be safe and far away from the beast they call my mother.

I hide quietly in the closet, she came into the room, looking around, I could feel goose bumps on my neck, and she scanned the room like a snake when trying to look for lunch, after like fifteen minutes of scanning and searching, and she went away, I thought the cost was clear and I went out of the closet, still trying to make sure the cost is clear, every were seemed to quite for my liking. I ran downstairs and no one was there. It was empty, completely.

'Mommy'' I said, I was scared, I didn't want to be alone.

''mommy please come'' I shouted this time

''mommy please come back, I won't run'' I said feeling warm tears run down my cheeks.

I didn't know what to do, I was so confused, I really needed her here, even though it was because of her I had all this marks on my body, in fact when people asked what happened to, she will always tell me to lie to them that I fell or something,.

But there was only one person who knew the truth and that was my  Form room teacher Mrs Helen, she was the best, I told her everything and she will always consult me or give me warm hugs and kisses, she tried to take custody of me but she died of cancer. For the first time with Mrs Helen, I felt safe and happy, she was like a real mother, in fact some people thought she was my mom because they said we looked and act alike, I always loved to hear that.

But my joy died four months ago and it seems got worse with my mother after she died, I questioned God all the time because why would he take the life of the only person who brought me joy, I was really angry with him but I decided to let it slide by.

I do miss her very much.

I lay down on the torn couch and I let my thoughts take control because right now, I'm alone with no one, my mom went out and I'm waiting for her to come back but she is not back yet, I don't mind the dark, in fact black is my best colour, people always said whether I'm a witch or something but the truth is I feel like the dark is my light. I like it especially when its night, the beauty comes out and when the stars shine, it mixes. It's really a beautiful site, its one thing God made well.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian but the things that happen to me at a young age is really stressful and it's like he does not even love me anymore, it's like he left me alone to die in this evil world from my evil mother,  I didn't really understand and I really wanted to but it was too confusing, too much for me to handle, that's why I'm angry with him, he was never there for me, maybe if he was Mrs Helen won't be dead and maybe she would have taken custody of and my life will actually have a meaning for once.

I could feel warm tears rush down my face, I was really sleepy and I my eyes started to close little by little, till I finally fell asleep.

I woke up because of the light ray coming from the blinds threw the window, I hoped what happened was a dream, I ran upstairs to go meet my mom, but when I got there, she was still not there, then I knew something was wrong, my mom never spent more than a day outside, what is going on I thought, but before I could even answer my own thoughts the bell rang, I ran downstairs opening the door hoping to see my mom and tell her sorry, then we hug and everything will be ok but instead it was the landlord, he always came every month to collect money, but it's been two weeks not up to a month yet.