Chapter One ✦✦ Dorms & Uniforms

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Oɴᴇ ✦✦ Dᴏʀᴍs & Uɴɪғᴏʀᴍs

"Room 201, not 102, you idiot!" Brooklyn snapped. She snatched the piece of paper from Lily's hand and read the note closely. "Now I don't even know where we are," she muttered.

Lily shrugged her shoulders and snatched the paper back. "Don't snatch it from me, I'm the oldest."

"Yeah, and the smartest for sure, huh?"

"Hey now, stop fighting," Riley said. She looked up and down the hallways quickly and turned back to her friends. "We could just ask for directions. It's that simple."

"I'll do it," Jess offered. "Seems like we'll end up on the other side of the school if any of you decide to take charge again."

And in the blink of an eye, Jess was off, fulfilling her motherly role in the group. She threw her bags down and searched for another 'student that would be kind enough to help this group of lost girls.

A boy with blonde hair was walking towards her, carrying a big textbook in his hands. "Oh, excuse me!" Lily waved at him to get his attention. When he looked up at her, she asked, "Can you help us find our rooms? It says rooms 201 and 202 but we can't seem to find them."

The blonde boy looked at Lily curiously and took the note from her. He scanned it quickly and pointed upwards. "You've got the wrong floor," he replied in an Irish accent. "Your rooms are upstairs."

"Would make sense, wouldn't it," Brooklyn muttered under her breath.

Lily smiled at the boy and nodded. "Thank you."

"No problem." And with that, the boy left.

Ella smirked and adjusted the backpack strap over her shoulder. "He was pretty cute," she observed. "And he had an Irish accent. Mhmm Ella likes him."

"Ella shouldn't be hunting down foreign boys until we find our rooms and sleep for once," Riley added with a grin. "Come on, we need to get going. Classes start in the morning."

"This place is.....nice," Jess observed. "Way better than our last dorm for sure that is though." She stared at the dorm room and took in all of its features.

The walls were the color of a shade of maroon. If maroon even has shades. It was more like a dark scarlet in the sunlight though. The room was the size of an average class room and a half. So yeah, it was much bigger than the girls' last dorm room in America.

On one side of the room was a bunk bed. On the other side was a single bed. A fight would soon go down over custody of the beds. A large drawer was stationed near the single bed in the corner while a very wide window was near the bunk beds. The room was very simple.

This room would belong to Brooklyn, Ella, and Jess. Riley and Lily would room right next door, and the room wasn't all that much different besides the fact that there were two single beds in there.

"These walls are just dying to be covered with posters," Ella said dreamily. She imagined all of the endless pictures of Channing Tatum she could have staring back at her every morning on the walls. She liked this academy a lot already.

"Well I call top bunk!" Brooklyn shouted and dashed for her bunk. She threw her bag over and climbed the ladder on the side to reach the bunk.

Ella and Jess gave each other quick stares before each of them ran to their preferred bed. To their surprise, there was no need for fighting. Jess wanted the single bed and Ella wanted the bottom bunk.

"You guys are lucky that you didn't have to fight for the beds," Riley said. "Otherwise this would've totally gone in a different direction."

The girls nodded in agreement, then went back to adoring their new beds.

Lily chuckled and place her hand on Riley's shoulder. "Come on, let's go see our room."

As they had expected, their room wasn't much different from the other. There were two beds side by side one another on one side of the room. A wide window was on one wall and a dresser was on the other. There was also a closet in one corner. Very simple room.

Riley shrugged and threw her bag onto her bed. "I like it. It's nice and...cozy." She sat down on her bed and took a few moments bouncing on it.

Lily glanced around the room quickly and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I like it too," she replied. "I mean, we don't have a fridge or even a TV, but we are in England. They have a different school system than America. And this place looks like a frickin castle!"

"I can't wait to see all the cute boys in here. England has the cutest boys. And their accents are to die for."

There Riley goes again. Always fantasizing about foreign boys. It was in her blood. Lily picked up a pillow and whacked Riley on the head. "You need to focus on your education, child!" she scolded.

Riley pouted and leaned her head on the pillow. "We're in England, please let me do what I want for once."

"You can't do what you want when you're the youngest in the group. You have to play by everyone else's rules, ya know."

Riley rolled her eyes and reached for her bag violently. She hated when one of the girls had to remind her that she was the youngest and that she needed to "listen to the other girls". Being the youngest doesn't have anything to do with anything. She believed she should be as free as even the oldest girl, Lily. And Lily wasn't all that much of the "mature one" either.

"Do we really have to wear uniforms?" Ella whined. She grabbed the uniform that was lying on her bed with a pout. "I hate being forced to wear certain clothing."

Jess ruffled the skirt she was holding and shrugged her shoulders. "They're actually not that bad if you really look at them. Remember how we used to make fun of those kids in Boston who had to wear khakis and solid colored shirts?"

Ella nodded her head. "Oh, I remember that."

"Yeah well these-" she pointed to her uniform. "-are actually way better than those stupid uniforms."

And it was true, they definitely were. The skirt was an emerald green and blue plaid skirt with a white blouse and a dark blue optional blazer with the school seal on the front side. Girls also got the choice of either a emerald green and blue long tie or bowtie. Shoes were those standard Italian looking black shoes and the long socks.

"I like the uniform," Brooklyn spoke up. "I can mix and match a bunch of different styles with these clothes. I could never do that if I had to wear khakis and solid colored shirts."

The two other girls nodded in agreement and put away their uniforms. A good night's sleep was needed to get them ready for the day ahead of them.