Chapter Five ✦✦ Ella, Niall, and Lunch Detention

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ ✦✦ Eʟʟᴀ, Nɪᴀʟʟ, ᴀɴᴅ Lᴜɴᴄʜ Dᴇᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ

Lunch time came before everyone knew it.

The numerous doors of the academy opened quietly and the students walked out swiftly as they made their way to lunch.

That is, besides, Ella, Lily, Brooklyn, Jess, and Riley.

At their old school, students would desperately wait for it to be lunch time. The clock on the wall would look like it wasn't even moving. So when lunch time actually came, the students would storm out of class happily.

And that is exactly what the girls did. Out of each of their separate rooms, the girls jumped out the doorway and ran for the lunch room.

And yes, people stared.

"Sooo," Ella breathed out. "How did you girls like your first couple of classes?"

Lily, Brooklyn, and Jess all smiled to themselves as if they were keeping deadly secrets. Ella and Riley just looked at each other curiously, trying to figure out why they were acting like that.

"Are you guys okay?" Riley asked. Her hair was in a side braid and she wore her wide frame glasses that she used sometimes when in class. She sported the academy bowtie along with the required white blouse and skirt, no blazer. "You guys look pretty suspicious right now."

Lily shrugged her shoulders and bit her lip. "I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," she replied. "And to answer your question Ella, I personally enjoyed my classes. Especially my first class. I made new friends." She said the last word dreamily as she thought of Louis.

Jess nodded her head in agreement. "Same here," she agreed. Her green eyes sparkled at the thought of Liam.

"Ditto," Brooklyn said nonchalantly. Though behind those dark brown eyes, she was itching to get to that lunch room and be with Zayn.

The girls continued to walk together towards the lunch room. When they were only a few feet away, Ella stopped and stood in front of the girls, holding her arm out. "Wait!" she exclaimed. The rest of the girls stopped abruptly and looked at her. Ella smiled nervously and looked at the floor. "Sooo I can't make it to lunch today."

"Why not?" asked Brooklyn. She raised her eyebrow curiously. It was their first day of school, why wasn't Ella joining them for lunch?

"Because I kinda sorta got lunch detention."

"What?!" the four girls shouted in unison.

Ella jumped at their loudness and clutched her heart. "Goodness me, lower your voices or you'll give me a heart attack!"

"Ella, what did you do now?" Jess asked with the tone of a disappointed mother whose child just won't stay out of trouble. 

"These professors here are complete snobs." Ella fixed the collar of her blazer angrily as she thought back to her first class. "So I show up late to class and the professor puts me in the spotlight in front of everyone and tells me that if I'm late again, I'll get detention. Yeah well then me, being me, I can't keep my mouth shut when someone gets me angry. I kinda just burst out on the professor."

"Ella," Riley groaned. "Come on, it's our first day. At least try to make a good impression, then you can feel free to cause all the trouble you want."

"Too late to follow that play," Ella remarked. She shrugged her shoulders and walked back towards the academic halls. "I'll catch up with you guys later!" she called as she ran to her detention room.

"Oh joy," Lily mumbled. "We already lost one member of our pack. Another one of us causes trouble here today and these Brits will think about leading another Revolution on the American rebels." She opened the door to the lunch room, or lunch "hall" as they referred to it. "Come on guys, let's eat."

Ella whistled a tune from a song that she heard on the radio this morning and skipped to the detention room. Though all the girls cause trouble here and there, Ella is the one that causes the most severe trouble, which actually gets here into stuff like detention.

But as usual, she shrugged it off and took it.

"Ah, here ya are," Ella muttered as she approached the room she was told to go to. She opened the doorknob and stepped into the room.

The first thing she noticed was the professor. He was standing in the front of the room, looking smartly dressed and stern. He wasn't the same professor she yelled at this morning.

When the professor saw Ella come in, he turned towards her and gestured out before him. "Take a seat, Miss Brighton. You only have about forty five minutes here."

Ella nodded her head and looked out into the seats. That was when she noticed that she was the only one here. Besides that is, the blonde boy sitting in the corner of the room.

Ella grinned and chose to sit next to him. Might as well make new friends. And he even looked a bit familiar.

The professor rolled his eyes and sat back down in his chair. "No talking," he said as soon as he saw Ella attempt to make conversation.

She threw her hands up innocently and sat back in her chair. When the professor wasn't looking, she turned to sneak a peak at the boy sitting next to her.

As mentioned before, he was blonde. But he also seemed to have brown roots. Oohh dirty blondie. He had very bright blue eyes as well. He was very cute, Ella observed.

"Hey," Ella whispered to him. "Hey, hey blondie." The boy turned to face her. She smiled. "What's your name?"

"Niall," said the boy. Ella noticed he didn't have a British accent. He was Irish.

"Hey, you're Irish, huh?" asked Ella.

Niall nodded his head and smiled. "That's right. I'm from Ireland. How about you? You don't sound British either." The boy chuckled.

"I," Ella said proudly. "am American. I'm from Boston, Massachusetts."

"Really? Oh, I love it there! There are loads of Irish people there."

Ella nodded her head. "Yeah, that's right."

"What part of no talking do you two not understand?" the professor huffed. He glared at the two before going back to reading the novel on his desk.

Ella rolled her eyes and sat back again in her chair. She glanced down at her backpack and grinned. She leaned down and got out her notebook and a pencil. She quickly ripped out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it: So, Niall, whatcha in detention for?

When Ella finished writing, she passed the paper to Niall. He took it carefully and read what was on it. He leaned down and picked up a pen from one of the pockets on his backpack. He wrote, Mouthed off a professor this morning. You?

He passed the paper back and Ella read it. She couldn't help but chuckle when she finished reading it. Niall looked at her curiously. "What is it?"

"Well it looks like you and I are in here for the same reason," Ella whispered.

Niall grinned. "The professors here are pricks."

As if he heard this, the professor rolled his eyes and let out a long sigh.

Niall tapped his foot impatiently and ran his fingers through his hair. "I really wish I was at lunch right now," he whispered. "Gosh, I can't imagine missing out on food. This is absolutely terrible."

He liked food too. Ella smiled and wrote something else on the paper: Ya know, Niall, I think you and I are gonna get along real well aroud here. :)