Chapter Two ✦✦ Lily, Louis, and Theater Class

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴏ ✦✦ Lɪʟʏ, Lᴏᴜɪs, ᴀɴᴅ Tʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ Cʟᴀss

The girls didn't exactly plan coming to this British academy. It was clear because they got sent to this school about a month after it first started.

So yeah, they had to the face the awkward "new student" introductions and all that in the middle of classes. It definitely wasn't something pleasant.

Lily looked down at her schedule and back up at the endless number of rooms ahead of her. "Auditorium, where is the auditorium..." she mumbled as she eyed the room labels. "Ah-ha!" She finally found the room with the sign "Auditorium" next to it and opened the door.

The first thing that Lily had heard about at this school were the huge number of plays they produced. She signed up for theater almost immediately. The thought of being the lead role in a big play in front of the whole school alongside a cute boy excited her. She was totally ready.

When Lily stepped into the room, she noticed how quiet it was, apart from a woman's voice speaking, who she assumed was the mistress.

"And when you act, you must act from the soul. Do you hear me? The soul," the woman said out loud to her students that were scattered all around the auditorium seats. "Because if you do not act from the soul, you will never sell your character to anyone."

"Wait, now we're selling stuff?" a boy in the class interrupted. "Mistress Adams, I thought I signed up for theater, not math!"

Mistress Adams smiled and shook her head at the boy. "No Mr. Tomlinson, do not worry about a thing. Your weak math skills will not be needed in this class."

"Oh thank goodness."

Mistress Adams was about to say something else to the boy when she spotted Lily observing the scene in the corner. "Oh why hello there!" Mistress Adams called out, causing all the students to turn their heads toward Lily.

Lily stared at the ground immediately with embarrassment. She might have wanted to be a big star on stage, but she wanted to act in front of people she knew, not a bunch of strangers. And right now, she was having a bunch of strangers look her way.

"Why, you must be one of the new exchange students from America, right?" Mistress Adams inquired. She was a short and stout woman Lily noticed. She had her blonde hair done up in a messy bun and she had glasses perched on her nose in front of her green eyes. Lily guessed she was about early forties. "Come along dear, don't be scared. Believe it or not, they don't all bite. Except for Tomlinson over there maybe," she joked.

The boy whose name was Tomlinson simply threw back a witty remark that Lily didn't quite catch as Mistress Adams dragged her to the front of the stage. "Now, introduce yourself," Mistress Adams whispered.

Lily looked out into the crowd and smiled nervously. There only seemed to be about fifteen kids in this class. It was always known to her that theater wasn't really one of those "popular" subjects that kids signed up for. This made her less nervous. "Hello everyone," she greeted with a wave. "My name is Lily Adrian and umm....I'm from America." She didn't know what else to say. Maybe it would interest them that she came from America.

It turns out it sort of did. A boy in the front row who the teacher called 'Tomlinson' earlier raised his hand. Lily looked at Mistress Adams quickly who gave her a nod to answer him. Lily turned back and said, "Yes?"

The boy put his hand down. "What part of America are you from, love?"

Love. He just called her love. She didn't know whether it was common for a British guy to call a girl that or if this boy actually had an interest in her, but she didn't care. He could say anything to her in that accent and she would fall to his feet.

"Boston, Massachusetts," she answered.

The boy nodded his head. "I'm Louis Tomlinson by the way. Most people call me Louis, though Mistress Adams enjoys using my last name more often. You can call me whatever you like though, Lily."

The way he said her name sent shivers up her spine. She simply smiled and nodded quickly. Mistress Adams chuckled and told Lily to find a seat somewhere.

Knowing that she didn't feel like walking, Lily ended up sitting in the front row, right next to Louis. Oh yeah.

"Alright now class," Mistress Adams began speaking again. "How about we start doing read offs from the major play we'll be working on for the next few months? It is none other than Romeo and Juliet, yes I know, surprise surprise. However, I did purposely pick one that you were all familiar with. It allows for more emotion and connections to the characters to be felt."

Louis bent over to whisper in Lily's ear. "Mistress Adams has all these crazy philosophies about acting. She's really weird, but you get used to it after a while."

Lily bit back a laugh and nodded. "The woman talks about Romeo and Juliet's lives as if she were hanging out with Shakespeare when he first wrote about them."

Louis and Lily stayed quiet for a moment before they both gasped, "Maybe she was!"

After realizing that they both said that at the same time, they blushed for a second and started laughing.

Mistress Adams not only heard but saw the two in the front row. She smirked and put her hands on her hips. "Miss Adrian, I see you have already made a new friend?" she asked.

Lily looked over at Louis and laughed a little once again. "Um yeah I guess so."

Louis placed his arm around Lily and smiled brightly. Thank goodness he didn't see Lily's face turn red when she felt his touch. "Mistress Adams, I have a new best friend!" Louis said happily.

Mistress Adams rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Calm down the two of you, and follow along." She may have appeared to be annoyed by the two, but on the inside, she thought differently.

She could tell by the way that they got along so well at first that those two would have something going on later. The way Louis looked at Lily was unlike any other way he looked at any other girl. Louis himself had a sudden urge to want to know everything about this girl immediately. He knew there would be something special about her.

Mistress Adams smiled once again as she instructed her class to take out a piece of paper and a pencil. When she saw Louis hand Lily a paper and pencil when Lily clearly had her own supplies, she knew who would have the two lead roles for Romeo and Juliet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think? Comment, vote, add to your library and join these troublemakers and their adventures in the academy! :D

~ѕαяαнχχ (>‿◠)✌