Chapter Four ✦✦ Liam, Jess, and Chemistry Notes

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ ✦✦ Lɪᴀᴍ, Jᴇss, ᴀɴᴅ Cʜᴇᴍɪsᴛʀʏ Nᴏᴛᴇs

Jess took pride in her grades. She always got the highest grades in her class at her old school in America. School was always something she enjoyed, and also something she excelled in.

Even though she is very smart, she can't help but let her 'teenagerness' when she gets into trouble. Yeah, a little fun turns into trouble sometimes but hey, that's life.

When she was transferred to this academy, she was placed in honors classes. She was even told to report to room 238 on the first day to meet up with a few people.

"Wonder who I'm supposed to be meeting up with," Jess muttered as she adjusted the strap on her bag. She decided to go with the blazer and the long tie for her uniform. Her long light brown hair was in a ponytail and her green eyes were bright as she searched for room 238.

When she found the room, she took a deep breath and opened the door. A bunch of students came into view, and when she stepped inside, she found a petite woman standing in the front with a smile on her face. "Welcome, Miss Rain," the woman said. She abandoned her desk in the front and walked over to Jess. "I am Mistress Jemima, your Honors Chemistry teacher."

Jess inspected her new teacher carefully. She was petite, as mentioned before. From the looks of it, she was very young, but very smart as well. She was sharply dressed in a woman's suit. Her medium length brown hair fell to her shoulders and her brown eyes hid behind her small glasses perched on her nose. She didn't look mean.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mistress Jemima," Jess replied with a smile. Always give the teacher a good impression. That way, she'll love you from day one.

Mistress Jemima briefly returned the smile and gestured her arm out towards the class. "You may find a seat anywhere you like." After turning and look at all of the tables in her classroom, Mistress Jemima huffed. "Hmmm it appears the only seat left is next to Mr. Payne. Well, I guess you know where you're sitting now."

Jess nodded and swayed over to her seat next to the boy known as 'Mr. Payne'. When she took in his appearance, she was pleased. He had very short brown hair on the top of his head and chocolate brown eyes. He greeted Jess with a smile and wave. "Hello there," he said. "My name is Liam. It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise. My name is Jessica, but everyone calls me Jess. You probably already know my know though."

"Yes, I've heard quite a bit about you. Rumors flood through the halls when it comes to new students at the academy, since it doesn't happen very often. Aren't you the exchange student from America? You and your friends?"

Jess bent down to grab a notebook and pencil from her backpack. When she sat back up, she nodded at Liam's earlier questions. "Yupp, that's me and my friends. We were sent here because our old school couldn't quite handle us I guess. Apparently we cause too much trouble."

Liam furrowed his eyebrows and smirked at the girl. "You cause trouble?" he repeated. "My oh my, well I guess I expected more from someone who has honors in every subject."

"Hey, how'd you know that? Take a look in my school files or something?"

"Maybe. You could say that when I'm interested in something, I like to do my research."

Liam left Jess on that last statement, which caused her mind to ask various questions. What does he mean by he researches on stuff he's interested in? Does that mean he's interested in me? Why would he look in my school files? Is he doubting me on causing trouble just because I'm an honor student?

Jess shook her head and stared ahead at the notes Mistress Jemima was scribbling down on the bored. She didn't want to start her first day at school by not paying attention to the teacher. She had to give a good first impression.

But she couldn't leave her and Liam's conversation hanging.

"I bet you caused quite a bit of trouble yourself too," Jess countered. "Just because I'm smart, doesn't mean I have a squeaky clean record."

"Who does?"

"Certainly not you or me."

There was a pause where Mistress Jemima rambled on about the elements and chemical compounds and whatnot. When she turned around to face the board again, Liam whispered, "And how would you know that about me?"

Jess shrugged. "Lucky guess. That and I kinda hoped I'd find someone in this class that isn't just a total nerd who doesn't like to cause a little trouble here and there. Pranks are fun, ya know."

"Oh, I know." Liam smiled to himself as he copied down some more notes. He finally found a girl in this class with not only brains and beauty, but a sense of having fun in life and not being afraid to break the rules.

He quietly tore a piece of paper from his notebook and scribbled something on it. When Mistress Jemima wasn't looking, he passed it to Jess placed the paper down on her lap and sneaked a peak at it. It read, 'How about you have lunch with me later? You can meet me and my troublemaker mates ;) -Liam'

Jess smiled and looked at him. When he looked back, she nodded her head and whispered, "See you at lunch."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I know I haven't updated on this account at all for what, a year and a half or something like that? But, I've just recently gotten back on here and realized that I have a lot of stuff in drafts that I never got to post, including this. That and, if you guys want, I'll start writing again on here, whether it be this story or another :)

Thinking about starting a new fanfic too about a certain group soon.... but I'll just leave that there ;D