Chapter 7 : Getting Home

"Utah!!" Elie screamed. "That is hundreds of miles from home. I can fly but what about you , how are you going to get home?" she asked clearly frustrated. "I will have to walk or something. You go on home , I'll be fine." I insisted. " No I am not abandoning you ,not after all you have done for me." Elie said blushing a little. "Okay then what do you think we should do?" I asked. "I saw a gift shop on that island over there. They should have maps there." Elie suggested. "Good idea I'll swim ,you fly." I said jumping in to the lake. I popped my head up and said "I'll race ya." We both took off towards the island.

                                         I got to the island just in time to see Elie land. She turned back into a human.

                                         " I beet you." I said with a cocky smile. She punched me the shoulder. "There is no time for that ,I want to get home as soon as possible." Elie growled. "Okay, fine. " I said rubbing my shoulder.

                                        We walked into the gift shop. It was a nice little gift shop. It had tons of nick-knacks ,and stuff. A man in a trench coat sat in the corner reading the news paper. I felt something ,I felt like something was wrong.

                                        "Do you have maps?" Elie asked the clerk. She was tall elegant old lady. She had to have been at least sixty. "Why yes we do. The maps are right over there." The clerk said pointing to the back of the store. We walked over to where the clerk had pointed.

                                       I felt as if we were being watched. I looked at the clerk. She was watching us ,but there as something different about her. Her eyes were completely black. I watched her start to transform into some winged she demon. I turned and looked at the guy in the corner who had put down his paper ,and was starting to stand.

                                  I leaned over to Elie and said " Hurry up and choose a map. We need to get out of here ,now!" "I am looking as fast as I can." She replied. Finally, Elie turned around and said "Let's get out of here." But it was to late. The clerk's human form exploded into a demon like thing. The guy ripped of his trench coat revealing his true form. He looked almost exactly like the clerk but bigger.

                                  I whipped out my trident. Elie grabbed a near by hunting knife. We charged they creatures. what ever these things where they where scary. The clerk lunged at me and tried to rip my head off ,but I smacked it aside with my trident. It whaled in pain. Then there was bright flash from the other side of the room. When I was able to see again ,there was a pile of ash were the other demon once stood. The clerk let out an ear splitting shriek.

                                 "You killed my brother!!" It hissed at Elie. "You will pay!!" It screamed lunging at Elie. I thrust my trident into it's side. It let out another whale ,and exploded into dust.

                                   "That was close. A little too close." I said with an exhausted smile. "Ya I am voting for getting out of here." Elie said raising her hand and turning towards the door. "Wait." Isaid  grabbing her arm. The ashes of floated off the ground and started to twist together. Then in a flash of light a necklace was formed from the ashes.

                                    "Jason , we need to go." Elie said. I ignored her ,and grabbed it. Suddenly , my head filled with images. The moon , a bow and arrow, a tall elegant women with pitch black haid and silver eyes ,and more strange images filled my head. Then a women's voice whispered in my ear " You are my son."