Chapter 8: Who am I

I woke up lying on the floor , the gold and silver necklace in my hand.

                                    I sat up and asked" What happened?" "I don't know but we better get out of here." Elie said pulling me on to my feet. "Who am I?" I asked. "I don't know ,but you are one weird boy." Elie relied.

                                   We walked out of the wreck of a gift shop.  "So where to?" I asked. " I was looking at the maps ,and think we should go north west. If we just go that way we should be home in two or three days. Maybe four." Elie said point north west. "Okay ,but can I sit in the water  for a minute? I need to clear my head." I asked. "Sure I guess just don't take long." Elie sighed sounding like my mom that I never knew. I went over to the water and sat down in the water. Elie came over and sat by me but did not get into the water.

                                   "Why did you ask me who you are?" Elie asked curiously. I told her about what I saw ,and how some one whispered to me. "Wow that was a crazy dream." She said. "I think it was more than a dream. I know it ment some thing." I said. " It was probably your mother sending you a message." She said. "Well message received. What do you think this necklace is?" I wondered. "I have never seen anything like it before. It is like some strange Aztec necklace." Elie said just as curious as I was.

                                 I stood up. "Well we better be off now." I said facing north west. "It looks like you will have to do some swimming again." Elie said standing up and looking across the lake. I turned to her and said, "Let's go home."  I put on the necklace and dove into the lake and swam as fast as I could.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

                             By the end of the day ,we where in the middle of a forest and completely lost. We decided to set up camp there. I made a tent while Elie made a fire.

                            We sat around the fire and talked. Then a coyote howled ,scaring Elie who grabbed my hand and squose my hand nearly breaking all my finger.

                             "Au, it is just a coyote." I said pulling my finger out of hr death grip. "Sorry it is just I am terrified of wolves." She said blushing. "I've always thought it would be cool to be a wolf."  I said looking up at the sky. Then the cloud that covered the moon move away letting the moon light shine down.

                          When the moon light touched the necklace it erupted in silver light. The fire dimmed     ,and I was thrown back it to a tree. When the light dimmed and the fire roared ablaze again I found I was no longer human. I had turned into a wolf.

                           I looked up at Elie. My face seemed to ask "What just happened?" " I don't know but you are freaking me out." She said reading my facial expressions. I went over by the fire , lyied  down and rested my head on my paws and made a really sad face. "She is probably scared of me now." I thought. "O come on , Jason, don't be so sad. Just a second ago you wanted to be a wolf  ,and now you are one. Please cheer up." Elie pleaded. I got up and wrote a responce in the dirt with my paw. "I didn't mean it." I wrote.  "Think of how much faster we can get home now that you can run twice as fast as you use to." Elie said with a conforting smile. " You think I am a freak don't you?" I wrote. "No I don't. I think you are cool ,fun ,smart.... " She said blushing. " Anyway the point is that you are not a freak. I said i don't like wild wolves ,but you're not wild you are trained." She finished blushing even more. "Who am I?"  I asked again. "You are Jason ,son of Neptune ,and my best friend." Elie replied rapping her arms around me.