Ch. 2 Get out of my head

♥Anni's P.O.V.♥
Karmine, I hate this. I have been showing her this page for numerous times during the first three lessons. I don't hate learning, but the teachers kept picking on me. They asked me questions everytime and Karmine had to whisper in their ears about my situation. It bothers her quite a lot, and it made me feel insecure too.
"Well, try and focus on taking notes while I cover you from teachers." She mumbled. I started to write down key points and technical terms that we frequently used in compositions and essays. The Literature teacher tried to squeeze words out of my mouth, but Karmine distracted her by doing all sorts of stuff that got her into detention.
You wanna know what she did? She threw a paper plane towards the teacher and when the teacher turned around she shouted all sorts of obscene words such as sh-
"Anni, lesson's over." She tugged me out of the classroom and into the crowded hallway. Sophomores were chit-chatting around and different fashion items filled my sight. "So, what are you having for lunch?" Karmine beamed while unwrapping her lunch. We were sitting in our usual spot, under the cherry tree. The wind was blowing gently, the scent of fruits and the sea caressing my face. I unwrapped my lunchbag to see a tuna sandwich with a Starbucks inside. I turned to Karmine and she smiled at me knowingly. I returned the smile and gave her a thumbs up before I tuck into the yummy goodness.
She bought me a Hazelnut Latte, mhmmm, my favourite.
"So," I tensed up when she used that attitude. It was usually about something serious.
"I got something you have to know." I nodded and urge her to go on. "You know I applied for some scholarship to enter the Fabric and Accessories Industry Training College?" (A/N it's a fake school)
I nodded again, my heart sinking with each word she spoke. "I got the scholarship and they want me there next month."

I took out my notepad, although my hands were shaking, I scribbled, then tear the page out and gave it to her. I ran away before my tears started to flow.
There's no need to worry about me. Go and chase your dreams. I am OK.

I am.

At least I hope so.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Karmine tried to call me but I didn't answer. She even tried texting me, resulting in me shutting down my phone. I went out the porch to get some fresh air, but when I got outside, I knew it was a wrong move. Ryan Spence was standing there, in front of my house. Mind you,  1)he lived two streets away from me and 2) he never talked to me when Karmine was beside me. When.

"How's my favourite mime actress?" he joked. I just stared at him, not able to blink. He took a step forward and I felt...freezing. I looked at my outfit. A black laced tank top and a pair of comfy shorts from PINK. Shoot. I wrapped my arms around myself and stepped back, embarrassed that Ryan saw me in such...revealing clothes.
"No need to hide, baby doll. Tsk tsk, how come you never show off those pretty legs?" I took another step back. I need to find a way to get back into the house.
I pointed towards the spot behind him. He turned around curiously. Ha, take that bad boy, always fall for the old trick huh. I tiptoed into the house and slammed the front door real hard.
When I looked out of the window, Ryan was fuming. "Come on mime girl! Open up!" He locked eyes with me, his gaze filled with fury, determination and something I haven't seen before...wait, did I just see lust in his eyes?
"You'll regret messing with me, mime girl. I'll make you speak, even if it means I have to use extreme force." Those words made me shiver. I teared out a new page of my notepad, Do you think I will be afraid because of your 'extreme force'? Wow I'm so scared. I stuck it to my window, and then with one swift move I pulled down the blinds.
I smiled. This is what it is like to stand up to someone. This is what a rebel feel.
I love it.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

"Anni, please open the door." Karmine is outside my house, she looks out of breath. I wanted to tell her that she can come in by herself as I didn't lock the door after Ryan left, but I remember about my disorder. I went down the stairs and opened the wooden door for her. I sat down on the brown leather armchair and waited for her to speak.
She looked at me in pain. I was surprised by the fragile girl in front of me. She never showed any weakness in front of me. "I am sorry for all of this. Heck, I am sorry for enrolling at first place. I shouldn't have done so if it meant to leave you here." She blinked away tears, I did the same. 

I shook my head, and then I went to open the door. Karmine looked confused, but then she looked hurt. A pan of guilt hit me real hard, but I didn't stop what I was doing. She walked out of the door, and without looking back once, she left.

She left me for the first time. How am I going to survive the rest?

  ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★ 

{A/N}

Hello friends!

I have written a lot today ( okay maybe not a lot to you ) and I am a bit inspired :)

I hope you like this chapter! Don't be a silent reader :)

Love,

Jenny