Ch. 4 Literature and Boys

"Wake up sleepy head! School is starting in an hour!" I opened my eyes as soon as I heard my alarm. I set Karmine's voice as my alarm so that I could hear her everyday.

It's kind of a weird thing, but hey, I believe that everyone has a secret obsession.

I climbed out of bed and stepped on a piece of note. I grabbed it and recognized Ryan's handwriting.

Hey, you fell asleep after dinner, so I tucked you in bed. Just to clear things up so that you won't think you floated upstairs and...yeah.
R

I smiled, did he think I would do that? Getting enough sleep is the only thing I care, the process was insignificant.

I picked out a white blouse and a pair of ripped jeans. This is actually my favorite outfit and I'm sure at least half of my school agrees.

Not that they would listen to what I say but... whatever.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I told myself to be confident. It's a morning ritual that I have kept since first grade.

I was bullied because of my lack of speaking, so I cheered up myself through looking in the mirror. It let me feel happier.

I smiled, and I left for school.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★

"Hey mime girl," Ryan waved at me and I waved back. We are becoming friends much sooner than I thought.

"So... you received my note?" I nodded, my cheeks blushed as I remembered the heart-warming note he left.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, leaning on my locker. I nodded again, and gave him a thumbs up.

He smiled and opened his mouth to say something, but then shut it quickly as he saw something behind me. I turned around and saw his group of friends.

He pushed himself off the locker and waited for them to walk over. His warm smile disappeared, being replaced by his cold, hard stare.

"Hey Ryan, you missed a shit ton of stuff last night." Cleo, one of the school jocks, hung his arm loosely around Ryan's shoulder.

"Amie gave everyone a lap dance after drinking three bottles of vodka," he smirked, licking his lips, "she got great moves."

Amie was in my Literature class last year, and she was always a party goer. When Cleo threw a party three months ago, she made out with Cleo's bedroom doorknob, after drinking a lot of tequila.

Cleo noticed my presence, and flashed me his famous stomach flipping smile. "Why is such a beautiful girl like you here?"

Ryan's eyes shot up, and I blushed at Cleo's comment.  I turned around and left for my first lesson.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ryan looking very pissed, and Cleo talking to him animatedly. I sensed something wrong, but brushed it off as soon as I stepped into the classroom.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★

"Minion, thou liest!" Our teacher, Miss Green read aloud. Taming of the Shrew is definitely a classic. The fight between the sisters is terrific.

"The wordings used here are to express the hatred of Katherina, which tells us something about Bianca too." Miss Green explained.

Katherina. Sounds familiar.

It rang a bell about another name.

Karmine.

How was she doing? Did she left already? When will she leave?