Ch. 3 Unexpected

♥ Anni's P. O. V. ♥
Losing a friend sucks. Especially if that friend is also my non-biological sister, Karmine. She stopped begging me and didn't try to talk to me anymore.

Ryan was the other way round. Ever since that unfortunate encounter at my house, he kept on bugging me and calling me his "mime player", which I take as an insult.

He was making these remarks on how I should wear less and innuendos but I tried to tune him out by plugging in my earbuds.

"And all the things I didn't say,
wrecking balls inside my brain,
I'll be screaming loud tonight,
Can you hear my voice this time?"

"Nice song," Ryan leaned next to my locker, while I nodded in agreement.

Wait, can he hear the song?!

"You've been playing it rather loudly, mime girl." He smirked, I blushed at the thought that he heard me all along.

"So... there's something I have to tell you..." he scratched the back of his head.
I paused the song, and looked at him. From his gestures, I bet he's nervous.

"Me and Karmine, we were best friends some years ago, but because of some hideous misunderstanding, we broke the mutual."

I froze because I never knew.

"Now, as you know, she is going to her dream school, and so you are left alone, therefore..."

I dreaded at what he would say next, because if he involved in my life, it's not good.

"Karmine asked me to take care of you when she's gone."
My eyes widen. Ok, maybe they did not, but I was so so shocked and I can't imagine a life with Ryan, the bad boy, as my guardian.

When I finally looked into his eyes, there was a trace of worry and fear. "You alright?"

I nodded and he sighed.

"Although Karmine didn't want me to help, she thought that you would be safe under my care, proofed when we were still friends."

This rings a bell. I thought during third grade, Karmine had always called a "Ryan" over for movie nights. However, I didn't link these two "Ryan" together.

"There was one condition for me to take care of you."

Please don't ask me to be your booty call.

"I will not know about your illness unless you are comfortable to tell me what it is."

I let go of the breath that I was holding, and I nodded gladly. At least he didn't force me to do anything unpleasant.

He beamed at me and reached his hand out to ruffle my hair. Although I hate people messing up with my hair, I'll tolerate with him this time.

He turned and left for his class. I never took the bad boy as a softie. At least he is considerate.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I was watching Sherlock when the doorbell rung. I paused the screen and the detective was frozen in the air. Oh Benedict, how could you be this charming?

I opened the door and Ryan was standing there, holding two bags of groceries.

I stepped aside and he came in. He put the bags on the kitchen counter, then he walked into the living room, where I was enjoying a Sherlock marathon.

"Do you watch this kind of...rubbish?" Ryan gaped at the TV. I rolled my eyes, who would gape at rubbish?

Oh, Ryan does.

He stared as Mr. Holmes fall all the way and hit the ground hard.

"Oh hell no, but he's Sherlock Holmes! Why wouldn't he save himself?" I chuckled, maybe he isn't a hater at all. "Stop laughing, it isn't funny." Ryan frowned.

I looked up and a pair of green eyes were staring at me. "Never tell anyone that I watch that rubbish." I nodded, this boy is serious about his reputation huh.

"So, uh, Anni," he stuttered, "I, uh, hope that you're alright, and, uh, maybe you could tell me-" I covered his mouth with my hand immediately, and shook my head. I don't trust him that much.

It's strange that someone who you've been avoiding all the time suddenly becomes your guardian. Not your everyday life.

He tried to pry my hand off but I holded on really tight. He glared at me, so I let go and sat back on the couch. Nope. Not awkward at all.

"Geez, I was just trying to ask where you keep your pots in the kitchen. I was so polite." He got up and strolled into the kitchen, with me following him.

I took the pot from underneath the cutlery drawer and placed it on the stove. There, I took it out for you. I smiled. He just stared at the pot, while I remembered that I did not speak that out loud.

Without thinking, I facepalmed myself.

I hit myself in the face fair and square. Real hard.

I groaned, and hearing the slapping sound, Ryan turned around just to see me standing there with a red mark on my face.

He looked amused. And I am the definition of embarrassed.

"Anni, don't tell me you've just hitten yourself in the face." He blinked. "Or was it a giant frying pan that hit you out of nowhere?"

I took out my mini notepad and started a new page. I facepalmed myself, and I never thought that frying pans were murderous.

After he read that, he bursted into laughter. His laugh was contagious and a smile creeped on my face.

My eyes skimmed through his face, the crinkles by his eyes while he's laughing, his lips slightly parting, a tint of pink on his cheeks.

His eyes caught up with mine, and I blushed while smiled at him. He's cute.

Did I say he's cute? Hope I didn't say it out loud.

Oh wait, I actually can't say it out loud. It would be weird if he heard me talking about a bunch of numbers.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★

A/N

'Ello friends or frienemies or enefriends or fiends or *muffled rambling*

Anni : I'm sorry guys it must've been painful to hear her talk so I'm helping you out. Oh wait, I'm not suppose to speak. 2938381933949858484838

Ryan : What the hell is going on here? Anni, the chapter's over, we need to leave like now.

Anni : Ryan help me find a scarf kind of thing and tie it around her mouth!!

Ryan : Anni?

Anni : Yeah?

Ryan : Never took you as a Dominator in the bedroom.

Anni : Ryan I swear I will cut you.

Jenny : ENOUGH. Leave, both of you. *both leaves chapter sadly*
Phew, thank you, now as I was about to say before being interrupted, I wanted to say thank you! Without you guys, I wouldn't be able to update during finals *yay me*
I wanted to hold a Q&A for this story but not many people had read it and soooooo I'm still thinking.
Anyways this is a hella long chapter in my opinion don't you think so? *Anni nods in a distance* I thought we got rid of you Anni. *shrugs and leaves*
Enjoy and leave a comment maybe?

Lots of love and kisses,
Jenny