- Chapter 1 -

I died in 1997 in a car crash. It was just a laugh at the time, we were all just having a bit of fun. Who knew that September 17th would be the day I died and the day that changed my life forever. I remember it clearly it was me Bobby Blakemore my twin brother Greg and David Corns. We were outside the usual place where we’d meet, it was four of us and a few of the hottest chicks in high school.

I was cocky and arrogant I had just about ever girl wrapped around my finger. Blonde hair, blue eyes the girls practically swooned over me. I was a bit to big for my boots, that’s how I’d put it now, but then I was Jace Jones. I thought I were the best, the hardest, the greatest out there. I thought I was going to be somebody… until that night.

It was drizzling lightly when the person who I hated with a passion pulled up in his dark blue BMW E36 Cameron Connors. He rolled down the window and some blonde chick sat in the passenger seat with her hands all over him. I snorted.

“What do you want Connors?”

“I didn’t say I wanted anything Jones.”

“What are you doing on our side of town then, it‘s clear your after something?”

He laughed. “You think I’m after something from you? More like you’ll be after something from me.”

“Stop playing games Connors.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t be saying that when I have your sister In the back of my car.”

“What?!”

“You heard.”

I squinted and sure enough sitting in the back seat I could just make out my sister long dark hair and facial features. Greg tried to run at him but Bobby and David held him back.

“I swear if you lay a finger on her your dead.” Greg threatened.

Cameron laughed again.

“I haven’t lay a finger on her…yet.”

“Your twisted in the head.” My brother roared again, Bobby and David held him back once more.

But It wasn’t Greg they needed to hold back, I lunged forward but Cameron must have known I would have reacted and wound his window up as quickly as possible. I didn’t have time to stop and my fist collided with the glass. The force, being that immense, shattered the glass and the shards fell onto the floor below my feet.

My knuckles were swelling up and blood poured down my hand. I spat at the car, nobody messes with my family.

“Nice shot.” Cameron laughed.

“He’s not worth it Jace.” Bobby said with worry in his eyes.

“He has my sister, how is he not worth any of this?”

Bobby didn’t answer my question, deciding it was best not to argue.

“Give me my God damn sister Cameron or else…”

“Or else what Jace? Besides I have your sister in the backseat, now because your rambling to much I am going to place a gun to her head.”

Cameron pulled out a black hand gun from his black leather jacket and pointed it towards my sister. Girls around me screamed in fear and ran into the diner. Everyone put their hands up to surrender in pure fear, everyone, except me.

“Race me Connors. I heard that’s how you settle things down your end. So race me down to Francis middle school and back again. You win you get to take me, not my middle sister. I win you let my sister go and get the hell out of here.”